Please comment!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halakkala

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am taking the MCAT on June 17th, and I'd like to get some feedback on my study plans.

My exams end on April 24th, so I will have around 53 days to study for the MCAT. (btw, I have written the MCAT last year, and I have a pretty good understanding of the sciences)

1) I have been doing 3 VR passages a day, and will do that until the day before the test

2) From April 24th to May 14th, I will finish the content review using EK books + EK 1001. Basically I will be doing 2 lectures/day excluding on Sundays. I will be working 2 days per week during this period.

3) Starting on May 15th, I will start AAMC 3-10 and GS 1-10 full length tests every other day. I will review the test for a full day for each test.

My questions:
1) is it possible to do 3 VR passages, 2 lectures (i.e. from EK books) and do all of the corresponding 1001 questions per day, assuming you have all day to study?

2) is it possible to do 3 VR passages and 1 lecture + 1001 questions possible after working 9-5?

3) do you think doing a FL test every other day is ok?

4) I have already done AAMC 3-10, but I plan on re-doing them. It's been almost a year, so would it be okay to reuse them? Or do you think I should do TPR tests which I have not completed.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

1) I have been doing 3 VR passages a day, and will do that until the day before the test

2) From April 24th to May 14th, I will finish the content review using EK books + EK 1001. Basically I will be doing 2 lectures/day excluding on Sundays. I will be working 2 days per week during this period.

3) Starting on May 15th, I will start AAMC 3-10 and GS 1-10 full length tests every other day. I will review the test for a full day for each test.

My questions:
1) is it possible to do 3 VR passages, 2 lectures (i.e. from EK books) and do all of the corresponding 1001 questions per day, assuming you have all day to study?

2) is it possible to do 3 VR passages and 1 lecture + 1001 questions possible after working 9-5?

3) do you think doing a FL test every other day is ok?

4) I have already done AAMC 3-10, but I plan on re-doing them. It's been almost a year, so would it be okay to reuse them? Or do you think I should do TPR tests which I have not completed.

Thank you.

I have gone through all of the EK 1001 books, and have only really read the lectures when I get confused or think I need to do extra review after doing the questions in the 1001 books. For me the time that it took to go through EK 1001 questions depended a lot on how much I knew the material. Gen chem/physics took me forever due to calculations, and they are my worst subjects, while O chem blew by and i finished that fairly quickly. Bio was a lot of reading but i thought it was the most low impact of them. You can definitely get through them in the time you have though. It took me about a month and I work 40+ hours a day. I also was dividing my time btw those and the EK 101 passages, doing 2 tests a week = 18 passages a week, 9 one day break the next, review the following and then repeat.

You say that you already know the sciences fairly well, so with this in mind, i think that your daily goals are possible. I think the best thing to do is to give it a try and tweak your schedule a bit here and there as needed.