Please explain ExamKrackers to me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OLYWA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I live in BFE...and although I'd love to take a prep course (classroom)...I just simply am unable due to where I live.

So...I'd kinda like to use ExamKrackers and am trying to buy it on Ebay rather than the actual site...as aside from being rural...I am also poor.

Anyway, I took a look at the 10 week study schedule but can't tell what program this follows.

Is the 10 week schedule only applicable to their classroom product...or can I follow this if I buy Audio Osmosis and the associated 1001 questions books for every subject?

AND/OR...what WON'T I get if I just go to Ebay and buy the Audio Osmosis CD's and the 1001 questions books for each subject?

Hope this makes sense...any replies are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You can usually pick up the EK complete study package on amazon for about a 100 bucks. Which is what is usually the price on ebay (after shipping charges). That way you can get a new version of the books. I sent you a PM.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you buy the subject books (physics, verbal, organic, gen. chem, biology) books online, you will only receive those 5 books. The 10-week schedule is a schedule some ambitious mcat studier made up to try and keep a pace for studying, but most people have found that it is ALOT of work to do at that pace, unless you have nothing else to do with your life (school, classes, work, family, etc).

So, if you want to follow the 10-week plan and extend it to a longer time, you could certainly do that. But you will need the 1001 books also, for each subject...physics, verbal, biology, chem, organic chem. They do not come with the original package of subject books. The audio osmosis, is basically the 5 subject books on CDs. It follows the books exactly, so it is repetition of everything you will read. It is not necessary to have, unless you prefer to listen instead of read. So the only thing which you can buy in a "package"....from ebay or amazon or examkrackers.com, is the 5 subject books that come with 1 full length practice exam written also by examkrackers. Also, it may not come with a practice test if you buy it from somewhere besides examkrackers...I think they are the only ones giving this out, but ofcourse u pay full price for the books there. Umm....what else? I guess that should about cover it.

The books are expensive but definitely worth it. All of them. But to go thru them all, you need a lot of free time because there are tons of problems in those 1001 books grilling the concepts taught in the subject tests.

Examkrackers also offers a classroom course, where u pay something close to $2000, if you happen to be in a city they offer the course. And I'm not sure what u get with that package, besides the books, and whatever other practice materials they have planned by the teachers.

Does this answer your question?

Buy the complete study package, and the audio osmosis( i got a burned set off of ebay for like twenty bucks), and buy the 1001 books especially the 1001 verbal. study those and you will be fine. if you know anybody else studying for the mcat at the same time as you, you might to convince the persone to split the cost of the materials and share them. thats what me and my friend did and it worked out great and we both did good enough to get in. the ek books are awesome...and if you are disciplined to study the classroom is not necessary.

oh and 10 weeks is ambitious. I started studying in december for the april exam and studied for like an hour a day every day and then all day sunday. and i did this every week from december to august.

...i got a burned set off of ebay for like twenty bucks...

Just a caveat, buying burned CDs off of ebay violates their policies.

As for the 1001 books, I would hold off on them until you know you really need them. Only because they're really for people who need to have the basics down pat.

yea buying burned CDs is illegal guys, and I wouldnt' advice it....especially not publically declaring you did so for the internet world to read, lol:laugh:

humerus, actually some of the 1001 books are not just for people who need the info basics. the biology has mcat-like passages that are good practice...some are really hard (more so then aamc) and others are more on par with aamc bio passages. THe verbal 101 book is also excellent. better than kaplan or tpr's in my opinion. EK is the the closest in style, content and questions to the aamc in their verbal 101 book. the chem, orgo, and physics, may not be needed if you know your stuff cold.