Please give me advice on list of schools!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lovelybond

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a reapplicant who graduated from one of universities in TX last year and moved to CA for about 6 months ago.
My science GPA is 3.8 and overall GPA is 3.75. (Still have 3 or 4 more prerequisites to take)
I've done ~100 hours of shadowing, ~130 hours of internship at a non-profit organization, peer tutoring for biology and general chemistry during my last semester of college, and currently been volunteering at a local library and working as a freelance translator.

Also, I took DAT twice and scored
FIRST TIME 20/20/21/22/18/18/AA 19/ TS 21
SECOND 21/22/20/22/21/22/AA 21/TS 21

I'm considering

UCSF
UoP
UCLA
USC
OSU
and three texas schools

Could you guys give me any feedback on my school choices? any other schools that I can add? I'd like to apply at least 10 schools.
I lived in Texas for many years but not sure I should apply since I don't live there anymore.

Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
That's unfortunate. You should check if you meet residency req for Cali since you might have no IS school.

So even though I've lived in CA and been working my way to build my residency, I won't be considered as a in-state applicant?

So even though I've lived in CA and been working my way to build my residency, I won't be considered as a in-state applicant?

You would have only lived in Cali for 6 months when you apply, so I doubt it. I would look it up to make sure though. I read up on it awhile back, but gave up because it wouldn't have worked for me.

Would you definitely attend USC if you got in? Read up on their curriculum (although I assume you may have already, just checking) maybe add a couple more schools, it seems like ucsf and ucla are super competitive even though you have great stats, you just never know. Good luck!

Would you definitely attend USC if you got in? Read up on their curriculum (although I assume you may have already, just checking) maybe add a couple more schools, it seems like ucsf and ucla are super competitive even though you have great stats, you just never know. Good luck!

I'm getting really nervous. Could you tell me other schools that I could add to my list??