Please help! Applying to medical school with misdemeanors!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A few years ago I got several misdemeanors for speeding tickets that I also forgot to appear for, so I was arrested and let go and paid off the fines and got it taken care of. I am super worried that these misdemeanors will prevent me from getting into medical school, doing rotations, and matching for residency. Do you think this is the case? Please don’t give me any sugar coating I need to know if it’s worth it pursuing this or if I’m screwed!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it’s several years ago and your state will allow it then you should file for expungement.
 
Several and not showing up to court are definitely worrisome. How long ago? If you had a couple and dealt with them like an adult, it would be ignored. The failure to appear in court is bad