Hello SDN!!, I just want to say first off that this is a TREMENDOUSLY HELPFUL site, having pre-dents, dental students and successful dentists all here to help each other is an amazing thing and thanks for all your help- I really learned a lot and many questions I had regarding dental school have been answered simply through the forum. Now, onto some business...a little about me. I am 23 years old and have an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Radiation Therapy (radiation therapists use high energy radiation to treat cancer patients). I completed this field at a time where money was scarce and I just wanted to complete something quick (like a nursing degree--in & out in 2 years). I can't complain, only 2 years and I earn $69K my first year. Now however, times are better and I really want to pursue dental school. My concern is if there is a chance that I could take all the required pre-reqs and upper-division courses and still apply to dental school without a formal Bachelor's degree. A survey of dental students nationwide in '07 showed that 68% received a Bachelor's prior to entering dental school. My concern is...what about the other 32%? What have they got? The majority of dental students have a Bachelor's degree, but what about the rest? How do dental schools look at applicants without Bachelor's degrees? Would my formal AAS count for anything? If anyone has gained admission into dental school without a formal Bachelor's, I'd like really appreciate your input. Even on Buffalo's Dental School website, it states "students are strongly encouraged to receive a Bachelor's prior to dental school admission, however, if you don't have a Bachelor's, the student must be able to demonstrate a high level of academic achievement." Pretty much saying that if you don't have a Bachelor's, you better be an DAMN GOOD STUDENT! (high GPAs, high DAT & PAT scores, extracirriculars, etc.). My degree is so specific to radiation therapy only, that I can't just walk into a school and go for 2 more years and get a Bachelor's (at least I don't think). My biggest fear is having to go back to school from the beginning, start with a fresh new major & complete 4 years to get a Bachelor's (in something like psychology, biology, what have you). That is something that I can't afford to do--having to wait until I'm 27 just to start applying to dental schools. Anyway, I know this is a looong post and I apologize, I just wanted to be thorough in case anybody needed to know the specifics of my situation. I have always been a good student so if I have a high GPA and good DAT & PAT scores, extracirriculars, shadow/internship/experience, several letters of recommendation, a professionally written personal essay and my formal Associates degree, do you think I can still apply & have a good chance of gaining admission to dental schools? If ANYONE has ANY INSIGHT into this, please help me out. ALL of your responses are GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS ALOT GUYS!!