Please help, desperately seeking any PGY1 position, anywhere.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCIgrad2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from a US allopathic medical school in Virginia in May, 2008. I was previously in a preliminary internal medicine internship and had also matched into an anesthesiology residency. I decided to switch fields to categorical internal medicine, and ever since, have been unable to secure a position. I reapplied through ERAS in 2009 and 2010 but no avail. I reside in California but am obviously willing to go anywhere. If anyone may have the capacity to help, guide, or advise me, I would be extremely grateful and truly indebted. If you need more information regarding my situation, please do not hesitate to PM me; I will respond promptly. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you try to apply to Find a Resident open PG-2's and not only IM but other specialties

I emailed them two days ago, but no response, should I pay first or how much?

Thanks

You should most definitely call residents medical group. You can google them and their website will provide you with the contact info. They are really helpful and easy to work with.

Hope this helps!

-Cruz

Members don't see this ad :)
UCI Grad – sorry to hear of your predicament. But as a warning to you and others on the board stay away from the Resident Medical Group.

The Resident Medical Group and Elite American Health Systems are scams these companies have sent emails to me and many of my colleagues.

I have spoken with the "owner" and he offered to get me interviews for a minimum of $15,000.00 as a retainer. If an interview was obtained there would be an additional fee of $30,000.00. The total for one interview without placement is $45,000.00 your entire first year salary as a resident in most places is somewhere around this number. He also offered a second method of getting licensure in the US. He said he had a two year general practitioner training program outside of the US and placement there would cost $175,000.00.
The company representatives will not share any placement info (programs, locations...) on the phone nor is there any info about placement on their website.

Please beware this is a Pure scam!!! The best thing to do is ignore any offering by these companies.

I appreciate your guys' honesty. Yeah, I don't feel all too confident about organizations like these. I actually have a relative that works for "Americlerkships", a similar organization based out of Orange County, CA, and when I ran this by the Dean of my medical school, he informed me to stay far away. I really don't want to sound like a pitty seeking unemployed MD, but the reality of my situation has afforded with a clear understanding that the word "hope" has no meaning, at least not today, right now. Maybe things will change, I can only pray. Thank you all for the feedback. Peace.