Please Help Duke MBS vs BU MAMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEDISCOOL123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been accepted to both Duke MBS and Boston University MAMS. I am not sure which one to choose, was wondering if people have any insights?

Members don't see this ad.

First, congratulations!! That is really exciting. Getting into one program is always good, but having the pick of the litter is even better! I don't know much about the Duke program since it's relatively new but....

I'm a current student at Boston University in their MAMS program, and I have to say it has been the best decision for me. The faculty are supportive and are extremely involved in helping you with your medical school applications. They really care about your development as a student and as a person, and I've felt more confident about my decision to pursue a career in medicine after attending their program. I've spoken to some recent grads, and they said the curriculum at Boston is top-notch. The program has courses that are IDENTICAL to their medical school curriculum which is extremely valuable and gives you a leg up on your peers which is very important going into the USMLE I.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your endeavors!

First, congratulations!! That is really exciting. Getting into one program is always good, but having the pick of the litter is even better! I don't know much about the Duke program since it's relatively new but....

I'm a current student at Boston University in their MAMS program, and I have to say it has been the best decision for me. The faculty are supportive and are extremely involved in helping you with your medical school applications. They really care about your development as a student and as a person, and I've felt more confident about my decision to pursue a career in medicine after attending their program. I've spoken to some recent grads, and they said the curriculum at Boston is top-notch. The program has courses that are IDENTICAL to their medical school curriculum which is extremely valuable and gives you a leg up on your peers which is very important going into the USMLE I.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your endeavors!
Can you tell us more about the program? I've been accepted and I'm also weighing on either attending MAMS or USF MSMS. Do people who complete the program get into medical school? How strong is the linkage into BU SoM (or CoM)?

Thank you.