Please Help finding a DO to Shawdow in Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dresden62

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

If anyone knows of a DO that is willing to be shadowed in the greater area of Miami, Fl. please let me know. I've called 11 DOs so far and the response seems to be the same (as if they all had the same note posted on their walls) "Dr X does not want to participate in something that leaves him/her liable for a lawsuit" nurse over the phone. I've called the Association of DOs of Florida for help as well but I've not received any emails back. Please, if anyone knows of a DO that is willing to allow a poor biology teacher shadow them, let me know. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

try and get in touch with the DO schools in florida. NSUCOM would be good because its been there longer than LECOM-Bradenton. Im from NY and I got lucky I had a friend that went to NYCOM and she gave me a list of DOs that graduated from that school. And yeah I know how you feel about calling the DOs. I contacted my whole list which was 30 people and I was lucky enough that the last DO i called was willing to let me shadow. the rest of those DOs either said they don't let people shadow them or that they're too busy for it.

Try contacting the admissions office at NSUCOM, and maybe they can put you in contact with a DO to shadow.

Members don't see this ad :)
try and get in touch with the DO schools in florida. NSUCOM would be good because its been there longer than LECOM-Bradenton. Im from NY and I got lucky I had a friend that went to NYCOM and she gave me a list of DOs that graduated from that school. And yeah I know how you feel about calling the DOs. I contacted my whole list which was 30 people and I was lucky enough that the last DO i called was willing to let me shadow. the rest of those DOs either said they don't let people shadow them or that they're too busy for it.

Beat me to it :p

I tried that but all of the DOs I tried to contact seemed like they weren't checking up on that website

I tried that but all of the DOs I tried to contact seemed like they weren't checking up on that website

Well, my thought was, if they don't respond through the mentor program, then it should be easy to find his or her email address and office number through the internet. Just try not to be a stalker...:p

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to post a comment !!!!

http://www.healthgrades.com/directo...s/dr-md-reports/dr-ofer-rodriguez-do-695d8848

dr. ofer rodriguez is a DO plastic surgeon. I shadowed him once and he (and his) receptionist seemed very open to students who shadow. I got to see many different things

he seemed pretty hesitant to write a LOR tho because he recommended a primary care DO for the letter. so if that's what your looking for, maybe look elsewhere.