please help!! I only have 4 days to study for my physics and sociology final!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intuition

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out bc I have been procrastinating these past 2 weeks..and with only 4 days left to study my exams are on Wednesday I am scared ****less.

How do you guys think I can make the MOST of the little time I have. I just need some motivation on how you guys pullled through and killed your exams with only so few days remaining..did you make a to do list for when to study? lock your self in your room? library? :scared:

Please guys, I really need any and all advice on how to end the semester successfully.

Please don't give me and avoid any negativity in your responses.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I am freaking out bc I have been procrastinating these past 2 weeks..and with only 4 days left to study my exams are on Wednesday I am scared ****less.

How do you guys think I can make the MOST of the little time I have. I just need some motivation on how you guys pullled through and killed your exams with only so few days remaining..did you make a to do list for when to study? lock your self in your room? library? :scared:

Please guys, I really need any and all advice on how to end the semester successfully.

thanks.

i mean this as sincerely as possible and this is not meant to be a negative comment.......

you've procastinated long enough. get off SDN, and go study so you can do well on your finals. thats about the only advice any one can give you. you hopefully konw by now what study habits work bets for you and what type of environemtn you learn best in (whether it be a library or a room). get rid of your computer, or at least your internet access, and go study. i would focus more on physics than sociology. sociology is for the most part common sense and you can bull crap your way through most of the questions. go rock out physics......and get off SDN!!

Intuition, you seem to go through this every time you have exams.
You've been in college long enough to know how to study.
There is no new advice. No new shortcuts.
Break the cycle.
Don't even look at SDN again until you're confident and ready for your exams.

Just go STUDY.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you worried?

You have 4 whole days left to study.

These aren't hard classes you're taking, just study for a couple days and you'll be fine.

thanks.

I am in that position atm. I'm working on an essay due tomorrow at 4. I also have a psych exam tomorrow and bio and stats exams on mon/tues that I haven't even attended the lectures for .... .... :( :( :(.

Wylde's steps to efficient cramming:

1) you've gotta keep focused and don't waste any time (ie, like I am wasting right now haha).

2) Find out how little sleep you can have while performing at a decent test-taking level. This will differ from physics (lots of sleep needed, pumping out problems) to sociology (pure memorization, less sleep needed). Approximate the correct balance for you.

3) Examine the passed sociology exams. Find out what questions the professor likes to ask and then studied relative material for this exam, don't try to cram in all the minutia that will probably only be worth 2% on the exam.

4) Make sure you fully understand all the basic physics concepts on the exam. If you know the concepts, you will have the potential to work through all the problems... if not, you are guaranteed to loose points.

5) GET OFF SDN NOW!

PS: you have 96 hours to study for 2 exams, you are more than capable of getting an A in both. If you study 110%, you will not run out of time. No excuses!!!

thanks.

1) Get off SDN.
2) When you have to eat, eat. When you have to sleep, sleep. When you have to, you know, "go," just go. But otherwise cowboy the f*** up and start studying.

You're worried that you have four days left to study? Yeesh.

Just study the whole time. Come on, it's not a difficult concept. I have an exam on 750 drugs spread over 100 lectures from this semester, and I've only got 3.5 days left. So I study.

thanks.

i was you as an undergrad. i understand what it feels like to simultaneously care about doing well and then not doing a whole lot in order to actually do well :)

serious recommendation, take some time off after college before medical school, or you may find yourself in the same position when the stakes are higher...

You should be fine if you go to a library or other secluded place, shut off internet access (email, SDN, instant messengers), cell phone, and anything else that would let people find and distract you. Then just study, taking breaks when you need them but keeping them mostly short, around 10 mins maybe. Don't sacrifice sleep to study, you aren't that pressed for time. Get your normal amount each night, and take a few hours just to relax so you don't burn out. I think you probably already knew this; why are you here asking about it?

I am in that position atm. I'm working on an essay due tomorrow at 4. I also have a psych exam tomorrow and bio and stats exams on mon/tues that I haven't even attended the lectures for .... .... :( :( :(.

Wylde's steps to efficient cramming:

1) you've gotta keep focused and don't waste any time (ie, like I am wasting right now haha).

2) Find out how little sleep you can have while performing at a decent test-taking level. This will differ from physics (lots of sleep needed, pumping out problems) to sociology (pure memorization, less sleep needed). Approximate the correct balance for you.

3) Examine the passed sociology exams. Find out what questions the professor likes to ask and then studied relative material for this exam, don't try to cram in all the minutia that will probably only be worth 2% on the exam.

4) Make sure you fully understand all the basic physics concepts on the exam. If you know the concepts, you will have the potential to work through all the problems... if not, you are guaranteed to loose points.

5) GET OFF SDN NOW!

PS: you have 96 hours to study for 2 exams, you are more than capable of getting an A in both. If you study 110%, you will not run out of time. No excuses!!!

today, has also been mostly waste because I worry more about studying for them, than actually studying. god, wtf is wrong with me? I think its because I'm stuck studying for classes i don't give a DAMN about.

it sucks bc the sociology exam is an essay exam so I don't even know how that's gonna go.

and the physics is also conceptual based for the most time, and I'm having the toughest time with understanding relativity.

you guys are right..i'm gonna get off my butt and go study

thanks everyone...anymore advice would be greatly appreciated.

You have plenty of time. Pop open one of the textbooks and just read.