Please help me out...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

justaiminghigh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've submitted my primary application on 07/17/09 along with 4 LORs (1 from science prof, 1 from non-science prof, 1 from research PI, and 1 from a pharmacist that I worked for 2 years). As you can see, I currently don't fulfill the LOR requirement (2 LORs from science profs) for a few of the schools I'm applying to, namely Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Yale. I expect to get another LOR from a science prof by the end of August 2009, but would that be too late? I plan to send this extra LOR via Interfolio to the individual schools as soon as I receive this letter.

I'm afraid of getting a rejection from these schools after they read over my primary application, based on the fact that I currently don't satisfy their LOR requirements. What should I do to ensure this doesn't happen? :scared:

Also, please have a look at my MdApp profile; any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks guys! :D

Members don't see this ad.

you're aiming high... probably low chances regardless of letter.....

Hi guys,

I've submitted my primary application on 07/17/09 along with 4 LORs (1 from science prof, 1 from non-science prof, 1 from research PI, and 1 from a pharmacist that I worked for 2 years). As you can see, I currently don't fulfill the LOR requirement (2 LORs from science profs) for a few of the schools I'm applying to, namely Harvard, Johns Hopkins, and Yale. I expect to get another LOR from a science prof by the end of August 2009, but would that be too late? I plan to send this extra LOR via Interfolio to the individual schools as soon as I receive this letter.

I'm afraid of getting a rejection from these schools after they read over my primary application, based on the fact that I currently don't satisfy their LOR requirements. What should I do to ensure this doesn't happen? :scared:

Also, please have a look at my MdApp profile; any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks guys! :D

If the school screens you out based on your primary, then you didn't have a shot to begin with and they weren't going to ask for your LORs. They aren't going to screen you out because your LORs aren't in, they're going to screen you out because of your scores or grades.

If you get and submit a secondary but all your letters aren't in, they won't even look at your application until everything is in and you are "complete".