please help me start my ptcas essay

Started by dannymangs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dannymangs

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How's it goin everyone.

I would really appreciate it if anyone had the time to give me a few pointers for this essay in PTCAS. I could use any and all help given i just took the GRE and have 7-10 days before the scores are received, after which i need to submit my application for the remaining programs i am eligible for. Any advice would be appreciated

thanks
 
How's it goin everyone.

I would really appreciate it if anyone had the time to give me a few pointers for this essay in PTCAS. I could use any and all help given i just took the GRE and have 7-10 days before the scores are received, after which i need to submit my application for the remaining programs i am eligible for. Any advice would be appreciated

thanks

You can submit your app before receiving GRE scores.
The deadlines are dates for e-submit.

For the essay, here's some points I made.

1. How my passion to become a PT began.
2. I talked about professional aspects I had developed over time(perseverance, communication, life-long learning mindset etc).
3. How these qualities relate to professional DPT student.
3. What I learned while preparing my application and observing physical therapists.

My essay is pretty much easy to read but I tried to make it concise and clear on each point so the readers never get bored and lose their track.

In the last paragraph, I summed up my points to make sure readers remember them (They will read tons of essays that answer the same essay prompt).
Overall, I tried to relate to my own experience as much as I can and point out my readiness to be a DPT student.

good luck!
 
You can submit your app before receiving GRE scores.
The deadlines are dates for e-submit.

For the essay, here's some points I made.

1. How my passion to become a PT began.
2. I talked about professional aspects I had developed over time(perseverance, communication, life-long learning mindset etc).
3. How these qualities relate to professional DPT student.
3. What I learned while preparing my application and observing physical therapists.

My essay is pretty much easy to read but I tried to make it concise and clear on each point so the readers never get bored and lose their track.

In the last paragraph, I summed up my points to make sure readers remember them (They will read tons of essays that answer the same essay prompt).
Overall, I tried to relate to my own experience as much as I can and point out my readiness to be a DPT student.

good luck!
Thanks for the tips!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You can submit your app before receiving GRE scores.
The deadlines are dates for e-submit.

For the essay, here's some points I made.

1. How my passion to become a PT began.
2. I talked about professional aspects I had developed over time(perseverance, communication, life-long learning mindset etc).
3. How these qualities relate to professional DPT student.
3. What I learned while preparing my application and observing physical therapists.

My essay is pretty much easy to read but I tried to make it concise and clear on each point so the readers never get bored and lose their track.

In the last paragraph, I summed up my points to make sure readers remember them (They will read tons of essays that answer the same essay prompt).
Overall, I tried to relate to my own experience as much as I can and point out my readiness to be a DPT student.

good luck!

Ya thanks for the info, it's really helpful in forming some routes to take when writing. If you don't mind me asking, how long was your essay?And did you get anyone to proof read it?
 
Ya thanks for the info, it's really helpful in forming some routes to take when writing. If you don't mind me asking, how long was your essay?And did you get anyone to proof read it?

My essay was about 100 characters off from 4500 character limit so I had to shrink it somehow. Yes, I had three people to read my essay, and the most helpful tip was from the writing center at cc.