Please help me with PCO interview process

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ppa93

PCO Class of 2009
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tx

Members don't see this ad.

Ask the school. They probably get this all the time.

OHhh...
When I went to PCO for interivew, I stayed at "Days Inn at Horsham". It was $100 USD from Airport to Hotel. The next day, we took the Cab from the hotel to Elkins Park Campus, the fare was $22USD. I would suggest u to take the cab if your interview or ur visit is on a early time. But I found that the train (SEPTA) works very well too, but I wouldn't risk it if u r arriving at PA just da day b4 the interview.

Good Luck on your Interivew! =)

CHeerz,

Katalio

Members don't see this ad :)
ppa93 said:
I am from California, and I am trying to go to PA for the interview. I found out that there is no hotel in Elkins Park, so I must stay in Philadelphia. It is pretty far from Philadelphia to go to Elkins park. I am just wondering how much it will cost if I get a cab? I bet that will be very expensive. Anyone knows? I was going to rent a car, but I am under 21. I am unable to rent a car, so please help me with my situation. What shall I do?
thanks

I interviewed there a few years ago. I would suggest taking a SEPTA train from 30th Street Station (train station in Philly) to the Elkins Park Station. I forgot the name of the train line but it is a direct route. YOu can ask someone at the 30th street station. Once you are there it is a short 10 min. walk from the nice neighborhood to the school. YOu can ask someone at PCO to tell you how to walk there. Otherwise you can always take a cab from the Elkins Park station to the school which would be a lot cheaper than taking a cab from Philly.
Hope this helps and good luck. A lot of my classmates there were from CA. It is a great school- I like the new location. Good Luck! (be yourself)

ppa93 said:
How long does it usually take? I mean the interview? I have an appointment at 9 30am, I am just wondering when it will end. thanks

Interview, then tour, then lunch, then financial aid session, then exit interview (not really an interview, they just go over your file, let you know if anything is missing, etc.)... I think it's all over around 2? Call and they can let you know for sure.

I had my exit interview right after my interview. My whole day ends around 2 pm as well. You also get to visit The Eye Institute.

You might want to know who's the president of PCO as well. When I went for my interview, the president of PCO interviewed me but I had no idea who he was. It was kinda embarassing because I was asking him what he was researching on or what he teaches. When he told me he's more into adminstration I just ask straight out what he did. When he told me hez the president I was like " oh....ooooookayyyyyy" hehe.. felt very weird! :confused: :eek:

Haha Katalio - I was interviewed by Larry, the dean of financial aid and admissions!

When I went I stayed in the Marriott in Willow Grove. You should have a little brochure from the school stating where they recommend you stay and how to get to the PCO. I flew to the airport $200, stayed in a nice Marriott in Willow Grove (but now the Hampton Inn is cheaper) $90/night at the time, now they've doubled their rate so the $115 Hampton Inn next door is cheaper and has great beds. I drove my rental car down to the school, it's very easy to find and is on the right heading south on the 611. The whole next day I spent looking at apartments and I have since gone back to find more apartments, and I did find 2-3 I liked. If you plan on moving there and think they will accept you, it's worth the extra day to have fun in philly or tour apartments.