Hello there. First of all, thanks for reading this (this is not my first post on SDN either, had to register a new name to get back on). Ok, here's the deal. I have applied 2 times to medical school (this year was my second attempt). On this second try, I did receive one interview (wait-listed, but I don't expect an acceptance as the class starts May 13th). I have also taken the MCAT twice with a lower score the second time...the heartache. :-( My highest score is a 26 and the only saving grace to that score is an 11 in Verbal (I guess my Q in Writing isn't that horrible either). By the way, I have a 3.52 GPA, good volunteering background/ECs and medical missions experience. I am currently working as a phlebotomist. My plan for 1 year off is now looking like 2. Or maybe 3...that's where my decision lies. I feel like my weak spot is my MCAT score. I had originally planned to enroll in a Princeton Review course (June-August) and take the August MCAT while tapering back my hours at work. I'm now beginning to wonder if I shouldn't wait until the April MCAT giving myself more time to study and an advantage with the application that year (scores would be back sooner). Both of my failed attempts were after taking the MCAT in August and submitting somewhat late (late August each year). I feel that this is my last chance with the MCAT though I guess I could petition to take it again if necessary (I do not want it to come to that!). Waiting for April would mean waiting out 2 more years, which kinda bums me out. On the other hand, I could use the time to bulk up my volunteer experience and perhaps do some research. Not to mention actually trying to find a job with my degree. But, if I do wait till April, this might mean moving back home with the folks for a while (grrrr) and I also would have to take Kaplan (not a big deal, but I've already tried them before.... it's pretty clear to me now that my biggest downfalls in studying for the MCAT have been focusing too much on material and not enough on practicing actual questions and drilling myself.... still, I wanted to try out PR). Ok, I know that's a lot to digest...I didn't originally intend to share so many of the details. Back to the decision....go for August or wait for April (given the above factors)? I'm struggling with this and I'd really appreciate some of your opinions. Thank you.