please help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonflowergirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a MCAT of 27 (PS10,BS11,VR6!!!!). I am a resident of TX. MY GPA is 3.75 and I have lots of EC and research activities. The list of schools that I am applying to is shown below. Please help me to decide whether to add some or delete some of the schools from my list.
Thanks
TX medical school
Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George washington
Georgetown
Howard
Jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
NY
Rosalind
Saint louis
Temple
vermont
Tulan
Wake forest

Please help me with the list.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey,
what's your gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks!

ok, i would say your list looks pretty good...do you have a few "dream schools" that you would like to reach for?

your gpa and ec's/research might help you with that....
the mcat score is a bit of a bummer, but not insurmountable

the other option would be to retake the mcat, which would slow you down some in the process, but with your gpa and ec's and a 30+ mcat, you could definitely aim for some top 30-40 schools! anyway, just an idea

tufts might be another one to add to your list :)

thanks,any other suggestions?

Are you going to apply to TCOM?

dhoonlee said:
Have you considered osteopathic schools?
I dont really like osteopathic schools.

wait...are you sonflowergirl??

wetlightning said:
wait...are you sonflowergirl??
No. I am Laya. But in the same boat. with a 29 on MCAT

If you are going to apply to Wake Forest you could probably go ahead and try UNC.

sonflower. Are you an underrepresented minority or have a disadvantage status? I ask this because Meharry and Howard are more than 60% minority based and most of the remaining 40% is disadvantaged. If you don't qualify as either, I would rethink spending the money on applying there. With research, I believe you have a better chance at a research driven school (Vanderbilt) than you would Meharry and Howard.

pballer66 said:
If you are going to apply to Wake Forest you could probably go ahead and try UNC.

UNC is mad hard to get into out-of-state...

Would anyone recoomend TUFT?

laya533 said:
what about brown?

Laya,

I think Wet already said she recommended Tufts, as so do I. As per Brown, I'm not real sure what their stats are to give you an idea of how competitive you are there.

sonflowergirl said:
I have a MCAT of 27 (PS10,BS11,VR6!!!!). I am a resident of TX. MY GPA is 3.75 and I have lots of EC and research activities. The list of schools that I am applying to is shown below. Please help me to decide whether to add some or delete some of the schools from my list.
Thanks
TX medical school
Albany
Creighton
Drexel
George washington
Georgetown
Howard
Jefferson
Loyola
Meharry
NY
Rosalind
Saint louis
Temple
vermont
Tulan
Wake forest

Please help me with the list.
Thanks

Your list looks good. did you mean NYMC by NY?? Or did you mean NYU?? I would apply to NYMC if I were you.