Please help need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

===girl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was hoping to apply to radiology positions in the SOAP. I am finishing up my internship year in Internal Medicine (matched categorical) and don't want my PD to find out, just in case I don't even end up getting a unfilled spot and the unfilled program calls my program after I apply to ask about me. Is it allowed for the unfilled programs to which you apply to call your program? And since I have a medicine residency and that means my funding would be capped does it mean I'm less likely to even get a spot offered?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiousity. Why do yo want to switch out of internal medicine. And why radiology (as opposed to Anesthesiology, Dermatology etc). You only have two years left and you can be done with training. With the new board exam changes, everyone will end up doing fellowships in radiology. That means at least 5 more years of training.

Radiology is a great field if you LOVE it. However, you will work very hard in radiology. Radiology residency is MUCH tougher than internal medicine residency.