I've been lurking on this thread for a while but now I am needing help with my journey to medical school. Any advice will be greatly appreciated! I will try my best to make this post as structured as possible to ensure enough background is given. Background I came from a small city with a population of 30,000. My ethnicity is Hispanic. Moved to a bigger city and attended a public state school in Texas. During my undergraduate career, did the usual pre-med stuff; non-clinical volunteering, clinical volunteering, involved with student organizations, etc. Traveled with a non-profit organization to Central America to provide medical assistance. Held executive positions at multiple student organizations. Become a science tutor for the school, and later, got promoted to a supervisor in the tutoring center. Graduated December of 2016 with a B.S. in Biology. Spring of 2017 studied for the MCAT which I then took it in June of 2017. Decided not to apply the 2017 cycle because I lacked a letter from a doc. I then became a scribe working in the ER in July of 2017. While I was a scribe, I received two awards for being outstanding on my documentation. In February of 2018, I was offered a manager position for the scribe company I work for. After much thought, I accepted the position. One of the main reasons why I accepted the position is because I wanted to gain more experience in the business side of medicine. The downside, though, I was not able to apply again this cycle. When the application opened earlier this year, I was really busy with the sites I am in charge of. I was constantly having to travel to various locations to hire and train new individuals which didn't give me the proper time to focus on the application. I would have to say, this position I am in is a stressful job. Considering the scribe company I work for is a small company, my position involves many positions. For example, I am in charge of hiring, training, managing, and if needed scribing at my sites. Ultimately, I plan on resigning by the beginning of next year because I want to focus on getting on my main goal and that is to get accepted into medical school. I want to avoid, at all costs, a similar situation that happened to me this Summer. However, I have gained so much experience that I know will be useful in my future career as a physician. Fortunately, I have 2 docs that are willing to write a letter for me. At this point, I feel a little depressed because I am not getting any younger, granted I am 24 which is not too old. I am just a little confused on what steps I should be taking next. I want to become a physician no matter what. According to my stats, which I will provide below, I am only competitive for DO schools. MD schools are pretty much out of the picture. Preference wise, I am okay with either an MD or DO school. Ultimately, I want to go into Emergency Medicine. A couple of main concerns are; Considering it is October already, should I still apply to DO schools or should I wait until next cycle? Considering my background, am I competitive for any MD schools? Willing resigning at my current position and become a scribe again have any effect on my application? Considering everything as a whole, should I retake the MCAT for the third time? Stats: MCAT 1: 492 (Summer of 2016) MCAT 2: 501 (Summer of 2017) cGPA: 3.49 sGPA: 3.47 Clinical Hours: 200+ Volunteering Hours: 100+ Research Hours: 0 I think I should have covered the majority of things. Again, any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all!