PLEASE HELP!!!! Postbacc or Master's????

JUELS1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2005
    Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seventiesgal200

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Nov 4, 2005
    NY
    1. Pre-Medical
      JUELS1980 said:
      Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to get your masters, you don't really need to take pre-req science classes. If you really want to be a doctor, you might have to if you didn't complete them in College. You can do the program for a year (start in the summer) and tell your parents that right after you can go to med school. I think they'll like that. NY (I live in NY also) has huner, city college, nyu, columbia even upstate (hofstra or stonybrook) if you wanted. I heard hunter doesn't really have a program, or do they, and you have to assemble your classes yourself. I'm not sure though. See the other threads on Columbia or NYU (some good some bad)- hoped I helped if only just a little. =)

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.