PLEASE HELP!!!! Postbacc or Master's????

Started by JUELS1980
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JUELS1980

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
JUELS1980 said:
Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


If you're going to get your masters, you don't really need to take pre-req science classes. If you really want to be a doctor, you might have to if you didn't complete them in College. You can do the program for a year (start in the summer) and tell your parents that right after you can go to med school. I think they'll like that. NY (I live in NY also) has huner, city college, nyu, columbia even upstate (hofstra or stonybrook) if you wanted. I heard hunter doesn't really have a program, or do they, and you have to assemble your classes yourself. I'm not sure though. See the other threads on Columbia or NYU (some good some bad)- hoped I helped if only just a little. =)