PLEASE HELP!!!! Postbacc or Master's????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JUELS1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

but prereqs are lower division science classes.

JUELS1980 said:
Hello! I am in need of major advice!!!!

Does anyone know if there is such a program in New York which allows you to earn a Master's degree while completing some or at least most, prereq science classes??

I researched a few that awarded a biomed science degree but that involved no prereqs.

I am at a quarter life crisis!!!! I received my B.S. in human mvmt sciences but took the lower division science classes. My dream is to go to Med school so I was looking into Posbacc programs. I live in New York and was considering Hunter College. But, I have a lot of pressure from my parents because they don't understand this whole "certificate thing" and believe I should just go to grad school.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're going to get your masters, you don't really need to take pre-req science classes. If you really want to be a doctor, you might have to if you didn't complete them in College. You can do the program for a year (start in the summer) and tell your parents that right after you can go to med school. I think they'll like that. NY (I live in NY also) has huner, city college, nyu, columbia even upstate (hofstra or stonybrook) if you wanted. I heard hunter doesn't really have a program, or do they, and you have to assemble your classes yourself. I'm not sure though. See the other threads on Columbia or NYU (some good some bad)- hoped I helped if only just a little. =)