Please Help! should I save my money?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadowy onion

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I plan to graduate this may.
However, instead of the typical 4 year college experience I am graduating in 3 (AP's ETC..)
I plan on taking the MCAT this April, a month before graduation.
Considering that most Med-schools accept students on a rolling basis, is there any way that I would be able to slip into a seat, in the last moment?
Theoretically, my MCAT score would arrive in june, and I would have sent in all the other paperwork by then.
Also, assume that my numbers are very good.
What do you say...should I even bother applying for this coming fall, or should I find a job for next year and apply to med-school as if I am only a junior.

Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

shadowy onion said:
Hey all,

I plan to graduate this may.
However, instead of the typical 4 year college experience I am graduating in 3 (AP's ETC..)
I plan on taking the MCAT this April, a month before graduation.
Considering that most Med-schools accept students on a rolling basis, is there any way that I would be able to slip into a seat, in the last moment?
Theoretically, my MCAT score would arrive in june, and I would have sent in all the other paperwork by then.
Also, assume that my numbers are very good.
What do you say...should I even bother applying for this coming fall, or should I find a job for next year and apply to med-school as if I am only a junior.

Thanks for your input.

Sorry but I think the ship has already sailed for next Fall. The last admissable MCAT was administered this past August.

Yeah you definitely cannot do that. The last acceptable MCAT score for this season was the August 2004 MCAT. I would just find a job for next year and get your application in with your April MCAT scores. It is actually your only option anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
MedicineBird said:
Sorry but I think the ship has already sailed for next Fall. The last admissable MCAT was administered this past August.

really? I didn't know that admission for fall 05' had anything to do with MCAT dates. Obviously I would be at a huge disadvantage but I thought thats it....
Oh well.

Thanks for the info guys.

no -- you are missing the point. there is no disadvantage. There is NOTHING. The earliest you can apply now is for the entering 2006 class. The end. Med schools already piss enough people off with this process. They are not going to make it worse by letting someone who missed the most important deadline take one of their coveted seats. And if they did I would bet you'd have a sniper who didn't get in staring right at your back. :smuggrin:

MedicineBird said:
no -- They are not going to make it worse by letting someone who missed the most important deadline take one of their coveted seats. And if they did I would bet you'd have a sniper who didn't get in staring right at your back. :smuggrin:
:laugh: