Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
241
1
Status
slot prep for class II composite. I have never done it. any one of you have any clue or books or recources online that I can read. I will be thankfull.
thanks
 

smitty99

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
23
0
Status
Attending Physician
I talked to one of my professors for dental school ...he is also on the wreb board....he said not to do a slot prep. The examiners can't really check the prep for caries removal etc
 
OP
Prosthoman

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
241
1
Status
smitty99 said:
I talked to one of my professors for dental school ...he is also on the wreb board....he said not to do a slot prep. The examiners can't really check the prep for caries removal etc
what about if you have a class II that doesn't have occlusal decay?
thanks
 
About the Ads

smitty99

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
23
0
Status
Attending Physician
they said never do it....I got this from a wreb board member and he asked the head honcho...who also said no don't do it. You can't check whether all the decay has been removed!!

Do you have any study material for perio/pros?
 
OP
Prosthoman

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
241
1
Status
smitty99 said:
they said never do it....I got this from a wreb board member and he asked the head honcho...who also said no don't do it. You can't check whether all the decay has been removed!!

Do you have any study material for perio/pros?
I don't have any specific materials, whatever I knew I wrote it up in the preveous post..please check it out...
 

DSFac

New Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
4
0
The slot design may be used if appropriate - that is, a small lesion. If you have a deep lesion past DEJ, then you would have a difficult time establishing a minimal outline that a slot design usually entails, so a traditional design would be more appropriate.

I attended a recent WREB exam as an official observer and can assure you that there is no bias from WREB about using the slot design. Your best reference is to use the WREB Candidate Guide for the specifics.
http://www.wreb.org/dental/dentalPDFs/2Operative06.pdf

Contained in this are the Scoring Criteria Rating Scales for the preparations. Amalgam and composite are on pages 14 and 15.

WREB allows one slot design of the two Cl II procedures. It is your choice. Do what you are familiar with doing, but follow the WREB criteria. There is no penalty for doing a traditional design for both cases.
 
OP
Prosthoman

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2006
241
1
Status
DSFac said:
The slot design may be used if appropriate - that is, a small lesion. If you have a deep lesion past DEJ, then you would have a difficult time establishing a minimal outline that a slot design usually entails, so a traditional design would be more appropriate.

I attended a recent WREB exam as an official observer and can assure you that there is no bias from WREB about using the slot design. Your best reference is to use the WREB Candidate Guide for the specifics.
http://www.wreb.org/dental/dentalPDFs/2Operative06.pdf

Contained in this are the Scoring Criteria Rating Scales for the preparations. Amalgam and composite are on pages 14 and 15.

WREB allows one slot design of the two Cl II procedures. It is your choice. Do what you are familiar with doing, but follow the WREB criteria. There is no penalty for doing a traditional design for both cases.
Thanks alot
 
About the Ads