PLEASE HELP URGENT!!! I really need help deciding on which college to go to

k09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a senior right now and am trying to decide whether to go to Loyola Marymount University in CA or University of Wisconsin-Madison. It's a really hard decision for me because I would really love to be in California for both my undergrad and med school but wisconsin is definitely the better school between the two. How much does how famous a college is affect my admission to a renowned med school? like what if I were able to get better grades at Loyola compared to wisconsin because classes will be smaller and professors will be more easy to approach? Thanks! Please reply soon because I have less than a week before I have to decide!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a senior right now and am trying to decide whether to go to Loyola Marymount University in CA or University of Wisconsin-Madison. It's a really hard decision for me because I would really love to be in California for both my undergrad and med school but wisconsin is definitely the better school between the two. How much does how famous a college is affect my admission to a renowned med school? like what if I were able to get better grades at Loyola compared to wisconsin because classes will be smaller and professors will be more easy to approach? Thanks! Please reply soon because I have less than a week before I have to decide!

CA. If you truly like it, go for it. Just make sure you won't regret later.

Members don't see this ad :)
How much does how famous a college is affect my admission to a renowned med school?
Very little. Go where you want. Not to be a downer or anything, but you definitely shouldn't count on getting into CA schools for med school. They're insanely competitive. Keep your options open, and don't set yourself up for disappointment.

go for the school with the program that is better for you, has a better pre-med advising program, and where you can excel.