Please help! USC or UMN duluth?

Started by DW12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DW12

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently trying to decide whether or not to attend USC or University of Minnesota Duluth. It's a bit of a tough choice, and I was wondering if any current students had any suggestions or input?

Here are some of the pros and cons I have so far:

Pros of UMN:
-cheaper
-one of the top schools in the nation
-only pharmacy school in MN (both TC and Duluth campuses make one school)
-small class (for Duluth)

Cons of UMN:
-COLD! (I'm a California girl, so I'm not used to weather below 0)
-far from home

Pros of USC:
-close to home
-Trojan network
-better chance of finding work on west coast

Cons of USC:
- cost of tuition
- dangerous neighborhood
- limited rotations and job market (?)-- the number of schools in CA is growing too quickly and there might be a shortage of rotation sites?
 
Or if anyone has any recommendations (don't have to be a current student in either school)
 
Umm UMN. It's cheaper and better school. But go to the one you like....they are very different schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UMN! Explore another area for a while, it'll be an adventure 🙂 I am also from California, and it's true about too many schools opening up.. I heard it's pretty saturated around the LA area for rotation sites with Western Uni and a few other new schools popping up around the area
 
umn duluth students are very together. Small town feel, seemed nice when I visited.
A con might be, ~70% or more of professors teach out of twin cities. May or may not make a difference for you.