Please help:::Will I get interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsb1976

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.1 non science, 3.2 science
MCAT 7Vr, 8Bio, 8Phy, M...I went ahead and applied, my dillema is that I will start recieving my secondaries at the end of august, and early september...should I send them back immediately, I am planning to retake the MCAT and hoping to get 27's at least...I am afraid I will not get any interveiws with my present score of ...

But if I wait for my new MCAT scores I will be to late....

will I get interviews with my current grades and MCAT scores.. .I have applied to all school....

So should I go ahead and send my secondaries soon as I can and roll the dice with my current transcript above.

Members don't see this ad.

jsb

If you take the August MCAT (and hold of your secondaries till after you get the scores) you will be in the same boat as all the August people, and it will be definetly not to late for you to still get the interviews.
But you have to consider seriously how good your August MCAT scores are going to be. If you put in the time and commitment to really study for the MCAT then by all means wait.

If I were you I would call all the DO schools (I am assuming you are applying to DO since you post this on pre-osteopathic site), and ask to speak to one of the admissions officers and get a feeling on how high your grades and MCATs need to be for you to get an interview. If your grades and MCATs are good enough than maybe you should complete your secondaries right away and let them know about your hopefully improved August MCATs later on. If they are too low, then you should consider holding off for couple of month until your august MCATs come through.

My advice is too call and ask; Don't worry they will be mad at you or anything like that, some may even like that you are contacting the school since it shows interest in the school, and that is always good.

jsb,

i think u have a shot at interviews- depending on your hospital and osteopathic experience- i had problems w/ my mcats-

i found WVSOM and LECOM to have a lower mcat score avg than places like UMDNJ or PCOM. However both places also need a DO letter of recommendation..its really up to u...if u think u can do better take them over- but don;t take them over and not put everything u have in them- the last thing u want is a lower score

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
APPLY NOW!

i got interviews at 10 out of 11 osteo-schools with a 3.5 overall and a 24 mcat...i also took the august mcat and made a 23. many times the schools will wait until the get your august scores, but atleast you will have everything else completed in by then. i also got accepted at nova.

wow. really? did you get accepted at any? did you apply any allopathic schools, did u get any interviews there? i am interested.

Originally posted by jscottc33:
APPLY NOW!

i got interviews at 10 out of 11 osteo-schools with a 3.5 overall and a 24 mcat...i also took the august mcat and made a 23. many times the schools will wait until the get your august scores, but atleast you will have everything else completed in by then. i also got accepted at nova.

Jsb 1976:

I would not pay any attention to youngjock,
according to 99.9% of people on this site, youngjock is a dick and has never provided
any constructive critisism of any sort.

If what Jscott said about MCAT scores is true, I would truly consider applying right away. If you do well on August MCATs than you can consider sending them to the schools to strengthen your application

Arti

Arti, Amen brother.......