Please help with class schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iceberg UF

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please help with class schedule

Hello Everyone,
I have lurked throught the comments section for about a year now and have yet to post a thread, but now i have a question and would be very grateful for any suggestions or comments.

I would like to know for my term in the fall, what would be a more manageable class scheadule.
General Biology I and lab
General Chemistry I and lab
General Physics I
Pre calculus

or

Anatomy and Physiology with Laboratory

General Chemistry I
General Biology I
General Physics I

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Only you, not strangers on an online forum, know what you can manage. I once took Genetics, Organic Chemistry I, Biochem, Virology, and Human Physiology in one semester. This was in addition to Financial Management, Tax Accounting I, and Folk/Social Dance. I managed it, but that does not mean another person would be able to.

Both those schedules will keep you running, that's for sure. However, I vote for
General Physics I
Pre calculus
as being the more manageable schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply Mustang sally..I mainly wanted to gather everyones opinion, I am not really concerned with the difficult level but more of which classes would be more time consuming than the others..

Yes i would put the math in. That will give you a change of scenary and will cut out some lab hours. Looks like a killer schedule but I did many of those myself.

I pick the first one.

Anyway, how would they let you take both bio and anatomy? Isn't bio usually a prerequisite for anatomy?

first one, math and physics kind of go together imo, and you can cut back on the lab time for sure.

I was told when I returned to school that I should not take more than two science classes and a math class in one semester. The remainder of the schedule could be filled out with non-science classes. I only deviated from that advice once and it was my worst semester.

I guess I'd go with the first one - physics is technically a math class. Right? :laugh:

As others have said, it depends on your strengths and weaknesses.

In my opinion, the first set of courses is less time-intensive for an average professional school competitive applicant. Anatomy/Physiology with lab takes up a lot of time. General Biology can take up a lot of time depending on the school, so you have to grade each set based upon how intensive each course is. I'd ask around to gauge how time intensive each course is.

I find both routes very do-able. I would actually plan out your whole academic class schedule from now until graduation. There is no point in trying to pick a "easier schedule" now, only to get stuck with an "insane schedule" in the future (i.e. you don't want to take ochem 2, anatomy/physio, biochem and calc. all at the same time), because of a small oversight. Also, by planning it out, you can save the classes you know you won't do well in for last (i.e. some people do well in chem, others in bio, etc, etc).

Btw, I pick your first route (the one with pre-calc) mainly because that is pretty much identical to what my class schedule looked like back in the day.

I think both schedules would suck. Don't you have any of the general ed's you have to do?

I also thought that you had to have biology before human a&p.

sorry, but those two options aren't very different at all. The bulk of the time management problems come from the fact that you're taking those three sciences. But my opinion is to cut the anatomy lab out AND more importantly, the incredible amount of time you'll need to put in for memorizing that stuff that you just won't need to do for pre-calculus.

I was concerned about this same problem...I have not taken a hard science or math class in about 12 years...I plan to start my pre-pharm class in may '09...i plan on taking:

Biology I
Chemistry I
Pre-Calculus

I would pick the first one (the one that has Pre Cal) because to me, Pre Cal is a cake, also going along with Physic is a good combo. Rather than having Anatomy + Chem + Bio, that will kill you RIGHT away with the lab report homeworks haha

I am taking your first option in the fall. This spring and summer I will be taking "easy" courses to get settled back into school.

While both of those schedules are easy & light, the first schedule is easier and demands less time than the second. Still, you should be able to easily manage either.

Yeah man, both schedules look killer. your one semester was what I took over the course of 3 years. If you have a strength in the maths and sciences, you should be able to handle it. In fact, it may play to your advantage because everytime I took a humanities or social science I got B's, but in one quarter where I took only math and science (Stat, Endocrinology II, Physics) I got straight A's. Study hard, stay focused, and you will do great.
Best of Luck!

I vote:
General Physics I
Pre calculus

This