Please Help with this school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brodude10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats: 4.0 GPA, 518 MCAT (128 CARS)
Research: Over 1000 hours (competitive fellowship program that placed me as a freshman) with a third-author publication, and several poster presentations. Also, held a summer undergrad position (SURF).
Volunteer: Clinical--100 hours (patient interactions), Non-clinical--100 hours (STEM mentoring for under-served elementary school students, and delivering food to local community members who can't leave their homes)
Extracurricular: Internship at my congressman/congresswoman's local office, ambassador for my college's Honors college, and active in my pre-med society
Shadowing: 40 hours, but will be getting somewhere between 20-40 more over the next month

I am having a hard time coming up with a school list, and have briefly glanced at WARS. Will take all recommendations. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to your Missouri state public schools and consider these:
St. Louis
Washington University
Tulane
Case Western
Pitt
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Boston University
Tufts
Duke
Miami
Cincinnati

Apply to your Missouri state public schools and consider these:
St. Louis
Washington University
Tulane
Case Western
Pitt
Rochester
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Boston University
Tufts
Duke
Miami
Cincinnati

Thanks a bunch! Out of curiosity, how did you actually pull these schools and not others? Also, what do you think about applying DO?

I could add many more. Your clinical hours are on the low side for many top 20 schools but schools such as NYU and Washington like high stats. You could add Hofstra too for the same reason. You do not need to apply to DO. You are a strong candidate for your Missouri state public schools.

I could add many more. Your clinical hours are on the low side for many top 20 schools but schools such as NYU and Washington like high stats. You could add Hofstra too for the same reason. You do not need to apply to DO. You are a strong candidate for your Missouri state public schools.
One last question, how do you feel about applying to Texas schools? I was informed that they have their own application system.

The Texas MD schools accept few non residents. You could try Baylor though since they matriculated 36 non residents last year and do not belong to the separate Texas application system.

Stats: 4.0 GPA, 518 MCAT (128 CARS)
Research: Over 1000 hours (competitive fellowship program that placed me as a freshman) with a third-author publication, and several poster presentations. Also, held a summer undergrad position (SURF).
Volunteer: Clinical--100 hours (patient interactions), Non-clinical--100 hours (STEM mentoring for under-served elementary school students, and delivering food to local community members who can't leave their homes)
Extracurricular: Internship at my congressman/congresswoman's local office, ambassador for my college's Honors college, and active in my pre-med society
Shadowing: 40 hours, but will be getting somewhere between 20-40 more over the next month

I am having a hard time coming up with a school list, and have briefly glanced at WARS. Will take all recommendations. Thanks!
EC hours are weak...very cookie cutter. People aiming for schools meriting your stats have hundreds, if not even thousands of volunteer hours or clinical employment.

Take a gap year and bone up on service to others.

Then I suggest:
Yale
WashU
Vanderbilt
NYU
U Chicago
U Penn
Northwestern
JHU
Harvard
Stanford
Sinai
Cornell
Columbia
Duke
U VA
U MI
BU
Case
USC/Keck
Mayo
U Cincy
Pitt
USF Morsani
Ohio State
Hofstra
U IA
UCSF
Albert Einstein
Emory
Rochester
Dartmouth
Miami
Western MI
Jefferson
U VM
Your state school

Our apps are almost identical. I'm taking a shot and applying to 12 top 20s, my state schools, and a few OOS schools in my range. Absolutely don't take a gap year!

Reactions: 1 user