Please Help

Started by Ada2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ada2004

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying to medical school for 2009 and wanted to know whether anyone is aware of medical schools that have a high percentage of minorities (around 10-20%). Thanks.
 
I am applying to medical school for 2009 and wanted to know whether anyone is aware of medical schools that have a high percentage of minorities (around 10-20%). Thanks.

I don't recall the percentages for any school off the top of my head, but obviously Howard, Morehouse, and Meharry have very high percentages. Other than that, I'd have to look it up. I assume that by "minorities" you mean underrepresented minorities?

In case you weren't aware, it would be worthwhile to buy (or get access to) the MSAR, which has information about all the US and Canadian medical schools, including admissions statistics and race/ethnic breakdown for the most recent entering class.
 
Temple has a good amount. I wanna say 18% but I could be wrong. I loved it when I interviewed there and wake up some mornings wishing I had gone there