Please helpppp!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zsabe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I donno where to post this so i just posted it here .... if this is not the place for such subjects , kindly move it to wherever you like.

I am an American , and at the same time , i hold a Canadian Permanent Resident, and i am studying at a med school in the Middle East.

I cannot seem to be able to understand or decide what should i do really!!! I am interested in doing my residency preferably in the field of surgery. And if not possible, i don't mind doing Gastroenterology or Cardiology!! Pediatrics is of course NOT AN OPTION and SO IS OBS/GYN. +pity+

I DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO DECIDE WHERE TO DO MY RESIDENCY !!!
Please, people , help me! Shall i apply to Canada or USA?? Shall i do MCCQEs or USMLEs?? i am in my final year this year and really need to decide whether i shall do my CS2 or Start with MCCQE ...

What are the chances in each case? what are the possibilities of being accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

You would probably have better luck with US residencies, but even general surgery might be hard for an IMG nowaday's, depending on your scores. I think your best bet would be IM in the USA, but you have to do what you love. Canada is a problem because they don't have that many spots for those studying medicine outside of Canada, and most of those spots are Family Medicine. Good luck!

This forum mostly caters to US residents, at US medical schools, on the path to US residencies. Most of the answers you'll get here about how and why to enter different national residency systems from an international medical school will probably be hearsay. You'll probably get better answers to your questions at www.valuemd.com, a forum that caters primarily to international medical students. I would guess that more of them have actual experience with this kind of thing.

BTW, you elongate vowels, not consanants. As in 'heeeeelp!' :)

Last edited: