Please, I need advice for a third retake.

Started by DamanTHFC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DamanTHFC

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted a similar thread in the DO forum (for a DO oriented view).
But sorry, I'm not really trying to spam. I just thought I would get more strict MCAT opinions, if I post here too.

Anyway...

I think DO school is my only option (if I can't sort this MCAT problem well enough).
HOWEVER, I'm just as fine with osteopathic medicine.

So I graduated last year (from Pitt) and I'm in my gap year.
I got a 3.75 gpa, and have pretty good hours for volunteering, research, extracurricular activity, etc.

But it's my MCAT that is holding me back. On my first try, I got a 21. And then I took it again (about a month ago) and while I did improve, I believe it is not enough. I got a 24 (PS 8, VR 6, BS 10) this time around, with a 1 point increase in each section compared to my first exam.

I think the general consensus would be to retake it again (for a third time).
But it would be my last try for this year (given I had to void once already this year).

So what should I do?
Can I go ahead and apply for DO schools with this 24?
Should I retake the test one more time? And what would be the best approach (since I have only one more try this year).
Should I try both options at the same time?
Or is there an option D?

Please help me!
This MCAT frustration is killing me.