Please look at my school list and give me feedback?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loverboi

Reaction score
Hello! Can someone please take a look at my school list and let me know what you think! I'm planning to submit my primary next week because still waiting on a transcript. I appreciate it so much!

Albany Medical School
California University of Science and Medicine-School of Medicine
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science
Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
Drexel University College of Medicine
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Kaiser
Keck
Temple
New York medical college
Rush university
Rutgers
Stanford
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
Brown
Tufts
Davis
Irvine
UCLA
UCR
UCSD
UCSF
Central florida
University of Illinois
University of Miami
North Carolina at chapel hill
Rochester
Here are my stats:
  1. cGPA: 3.78
  2. sGPA: Maybe around a 3.7?
  3. MCAT: 513: 127/127/130/129
  4. URM - Mexican but don't speak Spanish
  5. Extracurriculars: a. ~1000 hours of shadowing emergency neurologists, helping them enroll patients into clinical trials. Also performed health education outreach to various local communities. Mostly to hispanic populations. Am the head coordinator for this program and recruit, train all new members, keep program running, set up meetings with guest speakers, etc. This is a tripartite program with three difference aspects. One provides me with physician shadowing on rounds. Another provides clinical experience and research. The last provides health outreach. The 1000 hours include all of my volunteering and all the time that took running the program.
b. Work a job as what my university calls PLFs. It's similar to a tutor where I work 6-8 hours a week hosting collaborative sessions with university students who are taking human physiology. I create worksheets with tons of practice questions, cover material from the class, facilitate group work, etc. The job is through a university program (that I'm also in) that is made to give resources to underrepresented students at the school. I also mentor a lot of these students in and out of session and help them out with premed things. Did this for 1 year and ongoing. Made a huge impact in the lives of a lot of my students, I think. 750 hours by next year.
c. Am a dancer that's part of a university volunteering organization teaching dance to middle schoolers. Teach dance on and off whenever i can, usually at schools. Performed on America's Got Talent last year. Also performed at our school's competitive showcase and choreographed that performance. Try to do as much as I can with dance at the university choreographing for teams. 120 hours.
d. Have about 2 years of research experience. I've worked in one lab for one year and had to switch out to another lab this year. Currently doing research credit contract. Will most likely not be published. But I am apart of a biomedical research minor where I took several classes involving experimental design/critical thinking in the sciences. Have one poster and award for great presentation. Total of maybe 400 hours?
e. The rest involve one-time programs relating to leadership, research, etc.
e. Pretty decent letters of rec
f. Personal statement really reflects on dance, my job, and my clinical program
6) WARS score: 84
Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I really need your help because i'm so clueless.
Also Please let me know if I can shoot higher! I tend to underestimate myself.

I live in southern California (Inland Empire)

Members don't see this ad.

Remove Rutgers, North Carolina and Central Florida since they accept few non residents with no connection to the state. You could add these schools:
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Temple
Jefferson
NOVA MD
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.