Hi mazya:
I couldn't help but read what you were inquiring about.
I am currently a second year medical student at WesternU/COMP. Here is my take on your situation:
If you really don't mind going to any of the medical schools you have interviews on (congrats, by the way!) and money is not a problem, GO FOR IT!!! You will never know unless you try.
Then again, finances can accrue tremendously (travel, etc..)and quickly. Besides, you will accrue even more debt when you begin your medical school career. Why dig yourself even deeper?
Also, since you are already in a medical school and its in your home state (not many people get that lucky)I would say you are golden.
Don't worry about rotations, residency or about the whole DO thing. You don't see it yet (I didn't unitl I came here) but it really doesn't matter...really! MD or DO, nobody will tell you apart unless you tell them (or when you start trying some OMM on someone)
WesternU/COMP has a lot of opportunities to rotate to the UC/Loma Linda sites. I am entering my 3rd year soon and are planning to rotate through some UC sites in ER and Internal Med such as USC-LA County, Loma Linda Medical Center, or UC Irvine Medical Center. In fact, we have quite a bit of alums from WesternU who are currently interns/residents in radiology, internal med, or family practice at Loma Linda, USC-COunty, UC Irvine Med. They are very DO friendly there.
My only beef with WesternU is that they really work you hard (8-5 everyday) out here. Unless you are lazy (Im sure your not or else you wouldn't have been accepted to med school) then you will feel the heat/pressure. In the long run, WesternU grads shine when they leave. I figured its the hard work ethic they instill in you that might have something to do with it.
If you want to talk more, let me know...glad to help if I can
Again, CONGRATS and WELCOME TO MEDICINE!!!!