Please point me to the right direction -Masters/PostBacc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaysonddshopeful

Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.1
Science/BCP GPA: 2.7
DAT: 23
Illinois

As reality is setting in slowly, I must prepare. Please suggest Masters/PostBacc, recommended studies and schools I should apply to compensate for my low GPA.
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Overall GPA: 3.1
Science/BCP GPA: 2.7
DAT: 23
Illinois

As reality is setting in slowly, I must prepare. Please suggest Masters/PostBacc, recommended studies and schools I should apply to compensate for my low GPA.
Thank you so much!
masters

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I said SMP. What happened with your interview again?

I said SMP. What happened with your interview again?
still waiting:(

SMP- can you be more specific on suggested program?
I had DM'd you a while back.

Reactions: 1 user
There are plenty to choose from. My favorite would be Roseman's MBS because it is linked to a 3-year dental school and has a high success rate of getting people accepted. Otherwise, there are plenty of other ones. Whatever one you choose, make sure it is linked to a dental school!

First, check the schools on your wishlist if they offer a predental postbac or master's program. There were eight "legacy" masters in oral biology or oral health, but a Google search shows a few other schools have set up one-year programs since. You can also check postbac programs to see if some of them have experience getting students into dental school as well as medical school.

The original programs include (I think)

Newer programs I wouldn't mind knowing more about

First, check the schools on your wishlist if they offer a predental postbac or master's program. There were eight "legacy" masters in oral biology or oral health, but a Google search shows a few other schools have set up one-year programs since. You can also check postbac programs to see if some of them have experience getting students into dental school as well as medical school.

The original programs include (I think)

Newer programs I wouldn't mind knowing more about
My school also just created an MBS program. Mostly for pre-med students however it's still geared towards those interested in a career in healthcare.

Wow that's really interested that the UMN started one. It will be interesting to see if it does a guaranteed interviews/acceptances or if they add the dental school into it as well.
Yeah just opened this year, will be interesting for sure. I’m sure they’ll eventually implement some type of guaranteed interview if you reach a certain gpa. It’s what will keep the program competitive and an option for those who want to go to the U - one of the best primary care universities. Unsure how it will affect dental, but the school should get in on it I think.