Please recommend good ear plugs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please recommend good ear plugs for the test

Members don't see this ad.

champion-corded-ear-plugs-hearing-protection-40962-lg.jpg

Think I got them in the walmart sporting goods section

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you can't have any that have cords or wrap behind your head.

Reactions: 2 users
Please recommend good ear plugs for the test
At my prometric center, they didn't have ear plugs, but they had those noise-blockers (kinda like headphones) that people use to shoot guns. They covered your whole ears. See if your prometric center offers this, too.

I believe you can't have any that have cords or wrap behind your head.
Thanks good to know. I have those exact orange ones, I will bring them and if they dont like them I can easily take off the cord (just slides into the earplugs). I think it will be more comfortable than earmuffs they have

I first used a passed noise cancellation earbud. You need to push them in too far to work. I didn't like the one that I got first. I then switched to the one from Westside audiology (Calgary) . They are not bulky at all and I found them to do a much better job.

3M on amazon sells them. They are individually packaged and have a variety of softness! I had mine in test and didn't even feel them. At my center they had to be prepackaged and no cord.

3M on amazon sells them. They are individually packaged and have a variety of softness! I had mine in test and didn't even feel them. At my center they had to be prepackaged and no cord.
Which ones are you talking about specifically. Can you please post a link?

(I posted a link here but its not showing up, so just amazon search 3M earplugs, classic)

Just make sure you try them out before test day, so you know you're comfortable with them

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user