gsquared

10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2007
Status
Dental Student
just pay for the etymotic (sp?) ones. no sound.

Dec 24, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
Please recommend good ear plugs for the test
At my prometric center, they didn't have ear plugs, but they had those noise-blockers (kinda like headphones) that people use to shoot guns. They covered your whole ears. See if your prometric center offers this, too.

Dr.Toothenstein

5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
I believe you can't have any that have cords or wrap behind your head.
Thanks good to know. I have those exact orange ones, I will bring them and if they dont like them I can easily take off the cord (just slides into the earplugs). I think it will be more comfortable than earmuffs they have

Jun 23, 2015
Status
Non-Student
I first used a passed noise cancellation earbud. You need to push them in too far to work. I didn't like the one that I got first. I then switched to the one from Westside audiology (Calgary) . They are not bulky at all and I found them to do a much better job.

Graffix

2+ Year Member
May 12, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
3M on amazon sells them. They are individually packaged and have a variety of softness! I had mine in test and didn't even feel them. At my center they had to be prepackaged and no cord.

OP
F

flossit

2+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
3M on amazon sells them. They are individually packaged and have a variety of softness! I had mine in test and didn't even feel them. At my center they had to be prepackaged and no cord.
Which ones are you talking about specifically. Can you please post a link?

Sep 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
(I posted a link here but its not showing up, so just amazon search 3M earplugs, classic)

Just make sure you try them out before test day, so you know you're comfortable with them

Last edited:
Reactions: flossit
Oct 27, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I bought a pair of ear plugs from Calgary last month. I and my boyfriend were going on an adventure and we had to travel long hours on the bike. I will have ear pain while traveling long hours on the bike as the wind hits against my ears. These ear plugs helped a lot and were of superior quality.