PLEASE SHARE YOUR INFO REGARDING NYU HOUSING

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vishal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI GUYS,
i just got my package from NYU regarding housing,so i thought i will ask all the buddies who are going to join NYU.share ur stuff what kind of accomadation u guys are planning to take and if anybody is opting for off-campus housing.so guys i will see u when i i'll see u.take care. :wink:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Vishal,
I sent in my form for housing and since you have to rate your options in order, i chose, 1.private suite 2. shared bedreoom 3. shared suite...i don't know...my uncle is a first year and said that the shared br isn't that bad...did you send in your form yet? you might wanna do that asap b/c its first come first serve.. :) what day are you getting there ? see you there

:clap:

hi sonigee,
thanx for the reply.i am planning to choose the option of one bedroom share accom,cos i think private suite is a bit too expensive.anyway right now i am looking into the off-campus housing option also cos i have heard its much cheaper and better and if once we choose the option of staying in NYU housing then we are going to get stuck there for a year cos thats what the contract says.i still have not decided when to fnally arrive there cos the orientation starts on 29 of july.what about u when r u planning to reach there.looking forward to see u.take care. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello there,
The housing on 26th st are actually very nice, although kinda pricey. I know alot of people go there for the first year because its very convienent and you're with alot of your classmates. I'm looking around for some cheaper options around the campus area. I'll let you all know what I find.

One more thing I forgot to mention. If you're opting for the 26th st housing, don't bother to sign up for their meal plan. The nearest cafeteria is too far away by the main campus that you won't have time to use it. You'll have to survive off of your own cooking or nearby restaurants.