Should I go to the ASDA National Leadership Conference (D1)? / Share your experiences if you went please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1092426

has anyone been to ASDA National Leadership Conference before? and should i go? is it going to be worth the time and money? it seems like a great opportunity to meet other students and network but i have an exam the following week so a bit hesitant on going.

i'd like to hear your experiences if you went and what you got out of it/if it was worth it!

i'm also currently a D1 so i'm wondering if it's too early at this time and if i should wait til i'm a d2/d3 since majority attendees in the past were d2/d3.

thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone been to ASDA National Leadership Conference before? and should i go? is it going to be worth the time and money? it seems like a great opportunity to meet other students and network but i have an exam the following week so a bit hesitant on going.

i'd like to hear your experiences if you went and what you got out of it/if it was worth it!

i'm also currently a D1 so i'm wondering if it's too early at this time and if i should wait til i'm a d2/d3 since majority attendees in the past were d2/d3.

thank you in advance!
I was very involved in ASDA when I was a student and I never regretted going to any conference, even if I had an exam the following week. Because I was a national leader, I never actually had to pay for myself though. Is there a way your chapter can help out with the cost?
The networking opportunities from those meetings are priceless. I went to as many as I could, both local, regional, and National. I’ll actually be presenting at NLC this year as an ASDA alum.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I was very involved in ASDA when I was a student and I never regretted going to any conference, even if I had an exam the following week. Because I was a national leader, I never actually had to pay for myself though. Is there a way your chapter can help out with the cost?
The networking opportunities from those meetings are priceless. I went to as many as I could, both local, regional, and National. I’ll actually be presenting at NLC this year as an ASDA alum.
thank you so much for responding :)
i do want to attend because i want to also learn to juggle my extracurricular activities along with my studies better !
i think my chapter will help out with most of the cost but not fully cover it (thinking of applying for their scholarship though!)

but wow thats so cool! although we're on anonymous forumns right now it'd be cool if i could actually get to meet you! (i recognize you from the NHSC SP thread as well :) )

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for responding :)
i do want to attend because i want to also learn to juggle my extracurricular activities along with my studies better !
i think my chapter will help out with most of the cost but not fully cover it (thinking of applying for their scholarship though!)

but wow thats so cool! although we're on anonymous forumns right now it'd be cool if i could actually get to meet you! (i recognize you from the NHSC SP thread as well :) )
Absolutely. If you end up going, I’ll be talking more about the NHSC scholarship and other personal finance topics.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely. If you end up going, I’ll be talking more about the NHSC scholarship and other personal finance topics.
omg yes this is amazing!! i definitely want to network/connect with NHSC SP recipients and hear about their experiences :)

It's not too early. You have to apply through your chapter right? This is kinda how things start out, you should show interest now and possibly get to go. That will help you get a position or two for your D2 year and will ensure you get to go the future events. I would imagine its tougher to go for a previously uninvolved D2/D3. Since you are a D1, the people deciding the roster for the trip will understand you haven't had a chance to show your interest yet.

It's not too early. You have to apply through your chapter right? This is kinda how things start out, you should show interest now and possibly get to go. That will help you get a position or two for your D2 year and will ensure you get to go the future events. I would imagine its tougher to go for a previously uninvolved D2/D3. Since you are a D1, the people deciding the roster for the trip will understand you haven't had a chance to show your interest yet.
ooh ok good point! thanks for your input! :)