General Admissions & OTCAS Please tell me if I am okay any advice :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mimiottobe

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am applying this cycle and I was wondering if I could have thoughts about my stats. I am applying to TWU, UTMB, UTEP. I feel like I am being worried for nothing but I do not know if this makes me a competitive applicant or not. I realized later on late in my Junior year I wanted to be an OT)
Overall GPA (3.84)
Pre-Req GPA (4.0) currently taking 2 right now for a summer class ( Some are coming from my main institution and others are coming from different Community Colleges)
Shadowing ( 31 home-health) ( 32 hand therapy) ( 24- currently from another hand therapy but more patients with diverse cases) I plan on getting more
LOR ( 2 from professor ) ( 1 from OT I shadowed) ( 1 from manger) ( I plan on getting one more LOR)
Clubs/Actives Officer for UNICEF, ( member of Psychology club )
Job- CFA ( 3 years)
Major Psychology
 
Last edited:
My stats were very similar and I was able to get into 5/8 schools I applied to — I rejected interviews for the remaining 3. I can’t speak for any of those schools specifically, though!