Please tell what I should do from here - 01/23 Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jack-Kennedy35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, So I started prepping a month or so ago and am currently just about done with Physics, Gen Chemistry, and Physiology (KAPLAN). I have been using TBR for Physics, gen chem and have been doing the passages as I'm doing the content. Anyways, I have Organic Chem, Biochem and Psych/ Soc left and I'll be using Kaplan for the first two and Ill be supplementing TPR P/S + 100 page Khan notes. I will also start Uworld starting tomorrow! I have also been practicing cars everyday.

With my current pace I think I'll be done with content review w/ by December 18th or possibly earlier, keeping in mind that I will also be doing UWORLD up to this point. Anyways, this will leave me with about a month and a week or so for just AAMC q packs, Question banks, and FULL LENGTHS. I also haven't taken a full length so far and I just want to see if my timeline is looking alright or if you recommend I change something- as of now my first full length is scheduled for 12/19 (my test date is 01/23).

I am in my gap year so worst case I don't mind postponing it but I'd rather not.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are doing well on the material so far, then everything looks great. Make sure you finish Phase 3 of TBR and do AAMC section banks. Those are your highest yield materials. If you have any time after doing those and before you start FLs, then you can squeeze in UWorld. The only thing I'd recommend is getting TBR for O Chem, especially their book 2. The passages in OC book 2 is the highest yield material you'll find. I'd rank it ahead of AAMC section banks in terms of material you must do.

It looks like you're doing one FL per week until test day- that sounds like a solid plan. Don't forget about the AAMC sample test (the unofficial FL exam). As long as your schedule provides ample time for you to review your exams and other practice, then you should be in a good position. I'll add that you should have some days to work on weak areas specifically- if you're bad at P/S, devote a few days to just grind out P/S review/practice.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors