pluses on letter grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do adcoms only look at your grades for GPA only or do they actually look at each individual one? Like i know of course a B+ would be better than a solid B in terms of GPA but what about the plus? If it was like an A+ as oppose of a solid A where both would be 4's would the A+ matter?

Members don't see this ad.

byeh2004 said:
Do adcoms only look at your grades for GPA only or do they actually look at each individual one? Like i know of course a B+ would be better than a solid B in terms of GPA but what about the plus? If it was like an A+ as oppose of a solid A where both would be 4's would the A+ matter?

The B+ is obviosuly better than the B, GPAwise adn simply because its there. However, AMCAS makes all A+'s into regular A's, so the psychological effect is gone. (I know it sucks, I lost four of them)

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have a lot of them they might notice when they look through our grades on your AMCAS, the OT grade still has the A+. I doubt that it will help much though.

hardy said:
If you have a lot of them they might notice when they look through our grades on your AMCAS, the OT grade still has the A+. I doubt that it will help much though.

booo!! :(

BlinkyCat said:

Does ADCOM's see our AMCAS grade and our OT grade, or jsut the AMCAS grade? Other threads say no..

I wish they'd drop the minuses instead

unfortunately uconn doesn't award A+'s only A's regardless of how high your average is. i guess some schools have a system where A+'s are worth more than a 4.0, but its all the same here. the only reason to really work for that high average is bragging rights among friends. cheers.