Plz comment on my list of schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroChaos

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please give your opinoion on my list of schools that I have.

Please click on my Md apps link below for the whole story. please be as blunt and honest as you can. I have a whole array of school from "safeties" to out right rejections "harvard's".

Members don't see this ad.

i don't know what your financial situation is, but with those ECs and that GPA, and assuming you do well on the MCAT, you can probably shave that list down a bit. That many apps, interviews, etc is going to be EXPENSIVE! just a thought.

other than that, looking good.

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know what your financial situation is, but with those ECs and that GPA, and assuming you do well on the MCAT, you can probably shave that list down a bit. That many apps, interviews, etc is going to be EXPENSIVE! just a thought.

other than that, looking good.

I am acutally applying as disadvantage due to my financial status...:)quite irnoic. This might be the smallest investment that i make into my future (10 k is nothing compared to a 200k debt). i am willing to spend 10 grand or whatever it comes out to be, if it gets me into a medical school

Too many OOS publics where you will have very little chance...check the OOS admissions stats on places like Minn TC, for instance, and Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland...and check that OOS tuition from Illinois - yowsir!

Too many OOS publics where you will have very little chance...check the OOS admissions stats on places like Minn TC, for instance, and Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland...and check that OOS tuition from Illinois - yowsir!

I agree. I am looking to get rid of some public school.

Some one please guide me if my method is right: For public schools, I look at the oos applicants and interviews and then the total class size. if the class size is >~200 (ex U Minn TC, U Chicago) I take I Have a ~5% chance. If they accept 8 of 2000 OOS, then I ignore the class size and flip........

as for $, I stopped worrying about money the time I opened MSAR:laugh: I know I am going into huge debt. weahter it is 200k or 250 k does not matter much.

How many hours did you study daily to earn that 4.0?

OP, I have to agree with the above posters. You are applying to more places than you really need to and its going to start getting really expensive paying for secondaries. That being said, nice ECs and good app. material! Assuming a 33+ you should be in great shape. Good luck!!!

How many hours did you study daily to earn that 4.0?

I donot think as much as you would imagine. Probably 3-5 hrs/day. I am not smarter than person next to me, I just spend a bit more time in the books.

Thank you everyone for your help so far. I am looking into cutting down the list a bit. Some state schools need to go. but probably I will cut it down to ~25. As much as I love the process:laugh:, I just do not want to repeat it at any cost.

any more thoughts abt schools???