Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Plz comment on my list of schools...

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by NeuroChaos, Dec 31, 2008.

1. NeuroChaos

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Please give your opinoion on my list of schools that I have.

Please click on my Md apps link below for the whole story. please be as blunt and honest as you can. I have a whole array of school from "safeties" to out right rejections "harvard's".

2. HM3Rockstar

HM3Rockstar Party Foul Extraordinaire
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  3. dw2158

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    i don't know what your financial situation is, but with those ECs and that GPA, and assuming you do well on the MCAT, you can probably shave that list down a bit. That many apps, interviews, etc is going to be EXPENSIVE! just a thought.

other than that, looking good.

4. NeuroChaos

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am acutally applying as disadvantage due to my financial status...:)quite irnoic. This might be the smallest investment that i make into my future (10 k is nothing compared to a 200k debt). i am willing to spend 10 grand or whatever it comes out to be, if it gets me into a medical school

5. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You are on track and looking good. Can not really comment on chances until you have a MCAT score.

6. flip26

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Too many OOS publics where you will have very little chance...check the OOS admissions stats on places like Minn TC, for instance, and Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland...and check that OOS tuition from Illinois - yowsir!

7. NeuroChaos

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I agree. I am looking to get rid of some public school.

Some one please guide me if my method is right: For public schools, I look at the oos applicants and interviews and then the total class size. if the class size is >~200 (ex U Minn TC, U Chicago) I take I Have a ~5% chance. If they accept 8 of 2000 OOS, then I ignore the class size and flip........

as for $, I stopped worrying about money the time I opened MSAR:laugh: I know I am going into huge debt. weahter it is 200k or 250 k does not matter much.

8. ProLogic

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    How many hours did you study daily to earn that 4.0?

9. caveat87

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    OP, I have to agree with the above posters. You are applying to more places than you really need to and its going to start getting really expensive paying for secondaries. That being said, nice ECs and good app. material! Assuming a 33+ you should be in great shape. Good luck!!!

10. NeuroChaos

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I donot think as much as you would imagine. Probably 3-5 hrs/day. I am not smarter than person next to me, I just spend a bit more time in the books.

Thank you everyone for your help so far. I am looking into cutting down the list a bit. Some state schools need to go. but probably I will cut it down to ~25. As much as I love the process:laugh:, I just do not want to repeat it at any cost.

any more thoughts abt schools???