Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm an MS1 at a T20 school right now who is interested in doing PM&R. I am very very fortunate to go to the school I am at, but I think that I may be in over my head. I am passing my classes, but I consistently score 1 standard deviation below average, putting me in the bottom 1/3rd of the class. Despite entirely revamping my study habits and incorporating Anki and focusing on active rather than passive learning, I still score around that same percentile.
Based on my experiences shadowing, I think PM&R would be a good fit for me. The only caveat is that I would like to do residency in California (where my family and SO are), and there aren't too many programs in California. Assuming I score at the average step score for PM&R but remain at the bottom 1/3rd of my class, what are my chances to land back in California? Will my low class rank sink me?
Based on my experiences shadowing, I think PM&R would be a good fit for me. The only caveat is that I would like to do residency in California (where my family and SO are), and there aren't too many programs in California. Assuming I score at the average step score for PM&R but remain at the bottom 1/3rd of my class, what are my chances to land back in California? Will my low class rank sink me?
I applied broadly to about 30 programs and received 9 interviews with above average step scores, good research, and great LOR's... as a URM. So there's that.