PM&R NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zee620

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to hear from anyone who is a current resident at any of the NYC PM&R programs (Columbia-Cornell, Sinai, NYU). Or any perspectives from those who have interviewed or done rotations there. I'm a third year who is strongly considering rehab and would like to be in the NYC area. Specifically curious about the happiness of the residents, call schedules, how well they prepare you to go out on your own, what % of graduates are getting the fellowships/jobs they want. Also just wondering what the PM&R job prospects are like in the suburban areas within a couple areas of NYC. Is it hard to get a job if you don't want to go into EMG or pain management? Right now I'm mostly interested in working with patients with TBI/CVA.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

All good programs listed above, I would add Kessler as it is across the river from NYC. NYU is front load so Pgy2 sucks, Pgy3 is great and pgy4 is magical. TBI is strong with a lockdown unit and we are a model system. We also have a fellowship. Ultrasound is good with new MSK rotation added. Any questions ask away