• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrala

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
Was wondering if we can start a list of what PMR residency programs have PDs and Chairs who they themselves are American Medical Graduates:

(if IMGs are scratching their heads as to why AMGs would be curious to know about this, case in point ---> other fields like Neurology at JFK "Seton Hall"...PD is a carib grad, and all his residents are from carib too

we can start the list w/ this format:

PMR Prog:Name/Position/School Graduated From/Residency Graduated from

1. UMDNJ: DeLisa/Chair/UWash-Seattle/UWash-Seattle
Garstang/PD/WashU-St.Louis/Baylor
2. Indiana U: Buschbacher/Chair/UVirginia/MCVirgina
3. Baylor: Garrison/PD/UT-Galveston/UMich
4. ColumbiaCornell: Strauss/PD/Syracuse/Nassau
5. Harvard: Burke/PD/MedSouthCarolina/LouisianaState
6. UMichigan: Spires/PD/MichiganState/UMichigan
7. Beaumont: Tamler/PD/UIndiana/Beaumont
8. UNorthCarolina: Lee/PD+Chair/UIllinois/NorthwesternRIC
9. UCincinnati: McMahon/PD/UCincinnati/UCincinnati
10. UTSanAntonio: Dumitru/PD+Chair/UCincinnati/UTSanAntonio
11. Mayo: Moutvic/PD/Loyola/Mayo
12: UColorado: Akuthota/PD/Northeastern Ohio/NorthwesternRIC
......I'm sure we can finish this list in a few days..PMR has a BRIGHT future with AMGs in power

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Was wondering if we can start a list of what PMR residency programs have PDs and Chairs who they themselves are American Medical Graduates:

......I'm sure we can finish this list in a few days..PMR has a BRIGHT future with AMGs in power

I graduated from St. Georges in 2000.
I am the assistant PD at EMory's PMR Pain Fellowship. Although we are turning in our accreditation 2 years before we are due for review (secondary to PIF changes), we will continue the fellowship program as it was in the past.

You will not be invited for an interview.

psych psych

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
Thats MESSED up to deny an interview to Cobrala just for asking an innocent question out of curiosity. As a US grad, I am also offended that you would judge a person just based on a simple question they posted; maybe you meant to say ALL AMGs would not be "privileged" to get an interview from you, b/c it could be easily interpreted that way. The statement that PMR has a bright future is accuarte.

haha, in any case, you did a great job of further alienating IMGs since they are obviously doing fine since they have your unaccredited program to fall back on. They don't need American PD - run programs, right?

Instead of refering to Seton Neurology, we can just refer to Lobelsteve's Pain program. How about we just forward lobel's comment to all the PMR residency program directors in the country so as to save their US trained residents from even applying to his program in vain.

Anyways, I think it is a very interesting list , so I'll add some also.

1. UMDNJ: DeLisa/Chair/UWash-Seattle/UWash-Seattle
Garstang/PD/WashU-St.Louis/Baylor
2. Indiana U: Buschbacher/Chair/UVirginia/MCVirgina
3. Baylor: Garrison/PD/UT-Galveston/UMich
4. ColumbiaCornell: Strauss/PD/Syracuse/Nassau
5. Harvard: Burke/PD/MedSouthCarolina/LouisianaState
6. UMichigan: Spires/PD/MichiganState/UMichigan
7. Beaumont: Tamler/PD/UIndiana/Beaumont
8. UNorthCarolina: Lee/PD+Chair/UIllinois/NorthwesternRIC
9. UCincinnati: McMahon/PD/UCincinnati/UCincinnati
10. UTSanAntonio: Dumitru/PD+Chair/UCincinnati/UTSanAntonio
11. Mayo: Moutvic/PD/Loyola/Mayo
12: UColorado: Akuthota/PD/Northeastern Ohio/NorthwesternRIC

13.Hopkins/Pd/Buffalo / Tufts
14 [email protected]/pd/ Northwestern /temple

About the Ads

MSKalltheway

I got the magic stick
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thats MESSED up to deny an interview to Cobrala just for asking an innocent question out of curiosity. As a US grad, I am also offended that you would judge a person just based on a simple question they posted; maybe you meant to say ALL AMGs would not be "privileged" to get an interview from you, b/c it could be easily interpreted that way. The statement that PMR has a bright future is accuarte.

haha, in any case, you did a great job of further alienating IMGs since they are obviously doing fine since they have your unaccredited program to fall back on. They don't need American PD - run programs, right?

Instead of refering to Seton Neurology, we can just refer to Lobelsteve's Pain program. How about we just forward lobel's comment to all the PMR residency program directors in the country so as to save their US trained residents from even applying to his program in vain.

Now THAT is messed up. Accreditation status is obviously far more complex than that. I take offense on the behalf of others for comments like this...I've met plenty of AMG's that I'm surprised can even be within a five foot radius of a patient. Whether it be America, the Carribean, India or wherever else, I suggest everyone respect their superiors, AMG or IMG...they might actually get you where you want to go...

lobelsteve

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2005
Canton GA
www.stevenlobel.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
"I'm sure we can finish this list in a few days..PMR has a BRIGHT future with AMGs in power"

No- I should not take offense at a blanket statement alienating IMG's.

When you get to my level, call me on it. It is not Lobelsteve's pain program. It is Windsor's. Always has, and always will be. If you don't like it, write your own textbook. Start your own field. He did, I followed. So has several of the PMR Pain Fellowship directors and leaders in PMR-PAIN. Furman, Falco, Fortin. You can see the GA Pain Physicians website for the complete list.

Because I don't sit back and take it like a physiatrist, does not make me the aggressor. We consider all comer's- but not folks who slam me as he did above.:love:

About the Ads
Status
Not open for further replies.