PNWU Vs. RVUCOM-SU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kamchatka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask advise here because I am having trouble deciding between PNWU and RVUCOM-SU. I've made a detailed list of pros and cons for each school, but there is one big point holding me up. I know that RVUCOM has historically great board scores and residency placements, seemingly better than PNWU, but I'm not sure how much it will translate over to their new campus in Utah. They will be using the same curriculum and have many lectures streamed from the Colorado campus from what I understand.

I am also a bit concerned about how strong the quality of RVUCOM-SU's clincal rotations will be, given the fact that they are freshly being established.

I know that no one can predict this, I was just hoping to hear what some others had to say since I am so torn.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have friends from PNWU who absolutely love their school. They're average board scores are above national average, they have professors who write board exam questions, and their faculty actually care about their students. It's a very family-like environment. One of the downsides is their tuition cost: PNWU is $53,000, whereas RVUCOM is almost $49,830.... not too much of a difference, I guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
RVU actually increased to $53,380 this year. Thanks for the opinions guys. I really enjoyed the feel of PNWU, I just wanted to hear peoples thoughts on regardless. It was a bit hard for me to gauge the feel for RVU because there obviously weren't any students and the interview day was a bit empty with a fair bit of down time.

I'm a student at RVU-CO, but I'd still say to go to PNWU due to it being an established school.
I know this post was made almost 2 years ago but want to ask if you still feel the same way? I'm in this situation now but RVU-SU has had a little time to work the kinks out and get going

I know this post was made almost 2 years ago but want to ask if you still feel the same way? I'm in this situation now but RVU-SU has had a little time to work the kinks out and get going
Yes, I do. RVU-SU still has abysmal rotation site availability and many students have to do their core rotation sites in rural areas whether they want to or not.