Pocket Companion to Robbins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KNightInBlue

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The latest one is the 7th ed which came out this January. The one before that, the 6th ed, came out in 1999. There's a price difference of $30 on amazon...........is it worth buying the 7th ed?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

KNightInBlue said:
Hey guys,

The latest one is the 7th ed which came out this January. The one before that, the 6th ed, came out in 1999. There's a price difference of $30 on amazon...........is it worth buying the 7th ed?

Thanks!
I don't think it's worth buying either. But if you HAVE to have something, go with the cheaper. It's not $30 worth of difference.

Pterion said:
I don't think it's worth buying either. But if you HAVE to have something, go with the cheaper. It's not $30 worth of difference.
so you are saying its worth it for me to go thru big robbins then?

KNightInBlue said:
so you are saying its worth it for me to go thru big robbins then?
I wouldn't READ it, but use it for reference. If this is for a class, I'd get the big one b/c it has all the images, tables and the CD. It's a keeper in my mind b/c it doesn't matter what field you go into, this will be a good thing to have. I relied on it heavily during class but I think I actually only really read one chapter. If you're talking purely board study, the only thing I would get would be Robbins Review of Pathology (the highly-rated "Robbins Question Book") and use RR path or BRS as your base.

Pocket Robbins is two lies for the price of one: you won't keep it in your pocket, and it's not as good as the big one.

Opinions differ widely.

I have the 6th edition and used it all the way through 2nd year. I thought it was very useful and read it during each organ system. I also glanced through it during board studying and found it refreshed things throughout the year. Both the 6th and 7th will be useful, it just depends how much you wanna spend.