1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket PC advantages

Discussion in 'Tech: Medical Apps, iOS, Android, medical devices' started by lady bug, Aug 10, 2006.

1. lady bug

7+ Year Member

What are the advantages to getting an Axim 51v over the Palm TX? I am really technology incompetent and trying to figure out which one to get.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lady bug

7+ Year Member

so how do I close a thread?

4. Shodddy18

Shodddy18 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have a palm TX. I like it enough... it does the job. However, if I had it to do over again I would have gone w/ a pocket PC... specifically an HP. Palm OS is easy to use and learn, but having been a windows user for so long, I think the windows OS is easier to navigate.

5. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    A Windows pocket PC is extremely easy to use with a Desktop or Laptop, since all of the software is compatible.

A Palm is much more difficult to work with.

6. DOctorJay

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ask serious palm users and they will all say Palm is much easier to use.

SO THE CLINCHER...

go to some store that sells both and play till you figure it out for yourself.
    Palm has machines that are lighter, cheaper, faster, and smaller though so keep this in mind as well (you're probably going to be replacing q2-3 years so why spend more?) - also much more freeware with Palm.

-J

7. Hernandez

Hernandez Paranoid and Crotchety...
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    personally, I'm beginning to loath my pocket pc, I've owned both palms and pocket pc. I've had no problems with the palm and at this moment, I'm sick of programs not working properly on the pc, I'm sick of it crashing, and I'm just sick of windows in general. My next product will be a palm.

8. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    To date, I've had more problems with the palm crashing. It may have to do with specific programs, or model of PC.