Pocket Squares for Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpme123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? A simple white one with a matching undershirt?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if I should wear one, too. I've heard mixed reviews about it.

HAHAHAHA do not wear a pocket square. its an interview not a fashion show.

EDIT: I apologize, that came off mean. IMO, pocket squares are an accessory that takes a lot to pull off. Therefore, it is safer and more conservative to just skip the square. If you look like Brad Pitt and have the confidence to back it up, wear a pocket square because you can pull it off. But if you have to come to a forum for an opinion, I feel like you will be worried about it during the interview, (if they are looking at it, if they disapprove), which will show on your face and thus affect your interview demeanor.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you know what you are doing, go ahead. Otherwise it's probably best to forgo one.

If you have to ask, you are probably in the latter category.

Pocket square!? I'm think of sporting a bow tie to the interview. But seriously, do what you have to do to make yourself remember-able. I asked a bespoke tailor on his thoughts regarding pocket-square's, and he simply told me no! Not for an interview at least, simply because it will detract the interviewer's attention to your chest region instead of your face.

If you normally wear pocket squares at the many galas you go to... or wine and cheese parties... then I say, go for it. haha.