Pod school stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SLC

A Punk Rock Country Doc
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm mainly just curious, but what are the average GPA and MCAT for podiatry schools?

I'm about to start DO, which I'm super excited about. But I really liked Podiatry when I shadowed at my clinic.

I have a 3.1 (now 3.2 after this last semester) GPA and a 30 on the MCAT. Surely my GPA is low, but I get the impression my MCAT would be fairly high.

Would I be a competitive Podiatry applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will get in to all of the schools you apply to. But what DO school did you get into. I am not sure weather i will get in to a DO with 3.3 science and a 31 mcat

I think you will get in to all of the schools you apply to. But what DO school did you get into. I am not sure weather i will get in to a DO with 3.3 science and a 31 mcat

Average Pod School GPA SEEMS to be ~3.1GPA and ~22MCAT

However they definitely take people with lower scores than that. Which I guess why that is the "Average" of all of the scores.

Members don't see this ad :)

I got in at ATSU-SOMA.

But I did it on the back of some amazing extracurricular opportunities that I stumbled upon.

:)

Last edited:
Well if you are having doubts about DO you should at least apply to Podiatry school now and see where you can get into. Its late in the game but I think any podiatry school would make room for you with those stats.

I forget but is ATSU-SOMA the newer Arizona DO school? I'm pretty sure AZCOM is more established. I ask this because there is a good chance your school is more focused on producing more primary care and internal medicine physicians. Is that what you want to do?

I'm not having second thoughts. I'm very happy to have been given the opportunity to become a DO. That being said, I LOVED podiatry when I shadowed. I loved it enough that, while I'm Extremely thrilled to go DO, I'm sure I would have been just as happy with DPM. I was just wondering if I would have had a shot at DPM school. Just curious mostly.

Yes SOMA is the newer Arizona school. And yes they are focused on creating primarycare docs. But I'm very interested in primary care. SOMA was my number 1 choice of DO schools by a mile. I'm not concerned about going there at all.

I should have applied to some DPM programs too. It might have been a tough choice to make.

:laugh::rofl::rofl::laugh:
I fully agree! More like 20

And some schools don't even require MCAT.

Or any standardized test..... I will not comment any further on that last statement *kicks self for posting on SDN drunk*

Posting on SDN while intoxicated? You really have nothing else better to do?

Between 21-22 is the listed average by aacpm :scared: (2 years old, but it is the most recent information listed). Not sure why I thought it was higher. It seems like I was the Drunk one ;). Oh well it doesn't hurt to have "above average" stats I 'spose :laugh:.

The average listed GPA is 3.3. At least all the schools seem to be getting more competitive!

Last edited:
Average MCAT varies based on the different schools. For example, DMU and Scholl have an average MCAT 24-25.

Average MCAT varies based on the different schools. For example, DMU and Scholl have an average MCAT 24-25.
DrMushroomFoot, I know you think DMU is like harvard, but my class had an average of 23. Granted, this blows my mind, because most of the people I know scored in the mid to upper 20's, with 3 or 4 in the 30's.

DrMushroomFoot, I know you think DMU is like harvard, but my class had an average of 23. Granted, this blows my mind, because most of the people I know scored in the mid to upper 20's, with 3 or 4 in the 30's.

I'll update my previous comment. DMU's class of 2014 had an MCAT average of 24. Either this year or the year before Scholl had an MCAT average of 25.

You can get into even mid-tier MD schools with these stats if you have good ECs. You will be a shoe in with these stats for DO... Average stats for DO schools are 3.45 cGPA, 3.35 sGPA and 26.2 mcat.

Hey guys!

I was thinking about applying to podiatry schools. I know its a little late in the game but I need my next semesters GPA to come in. I graduated my undergrad with a 2.88 GPA but am now in a 1 year masters program in biomedical sciences. I was a pre-dent student but decided that podiatry is for me after shadowing at a local clinic as well as shadowing a podiatrist in the hospital here. First time I took the DAT I had 17s all around. Second time, I improved my sciences to 18 and 19s but my PAT and MATH sections went down( 16s). What are my chances at Temple and NYCPM? Also can I want till march or april to take the MCAT if i dont get interviews from Temple and NYCPM?

Hey guys!

I was thinking about applying to podiatry schools. I know its a little late in the game but I need my next semesters GPA to come in. I graduated my undergrad with a 2.88 GPA but am now in a 1 year masters program in biomedical sciences. I was a pre-dent student but decided that podiatry is for me after shadowing at a local clinic as well as shadowing a podiatrist in the hospital here. First time I took the DAT I had 17s all around. Second time, I improved my sciences to 18 and 19s but my PAT and MATH sections went down( 16s). What are my chances at Temple and NYCPM? Also can I want till march or april to take the MCAT if i dont get interviews from Temple and NYCPM?

Your GPA is very low. How do you think you will keep up when the curriculum ramps up?