Podcasts/resources for commute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penicillinman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m an incoming MS1 and was hoping to get some recommendations for podcasts or audio resources for my commute to and from school. I have heard of goljian but wanted to see if there is more out there that people would recommend.

Members don't see this ad.

Something non medical. Medical school will be a huge chunk of ur life the key is finding ways to escape from it. Im a huge sports fan so I listen to those podcasts alot of my classmates listen to serial killer pods. People who listen to medical-related podcasts are more geared to the non-science parts of medicine and the WCI wtc.

Reactions: 6 users
I would agree with Chelsea FC that your commute can be a nice time to decompress from medicine and listen to stuff that is more entertaining. However, if you are set on finding some decent medical ones, The Curbsiders, Clinical Problem Solvers and Run the List are some good ones. As an M1-M2 I'd probably lean more towards Clinical Problem Solvers and Run the List since they are usually shorter episodes, more case based and typically explain more of the pathophysiology.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You could try audible and listen to audiobooks you like. I agree with the non-clinical crowd...medical school has a tendency to creep into every aspect of your life, so carving out a few protected moments to do something you enjoy can be a harbor in the storm, so to speak.

However, if you like medical mystery type stuff, I really enjoy this series:

Also, if you decide to use Goljan (mostly for 2nd year), you don't have to buy them, just search Goljan on Spotify.

Reactions: 1 user
For picking a specialty:
The Undifferentiated Medical Student
Vitamin Z (extremely funny)
Surviving Medicine
Specialty Stories

For anything else, both medicine and non-medicine, check out my podcast thread

Reactions: 2 users
I listen to Goljan (spotify), Zero to Finals (iTunes), and Humerus Hacks (iTunes) while running as a form of review. Would love to hear of any other good topic review podcasts.

I listen to Goljan (spotify), Zero to Finals (iTunes), and Humerus Hacks (iTunes) while running as a form of review. Would love to hear of any other good topic review podcasts.

Divine Intervention for step 1/2

Reactions: 1 users
For two non-medical podcasts, check out Fake Doctors, Real Friends (a scrubs podcast hosted by Donald Faison and Zach Braff) and Welcome to Night Vale (a fiction podcast that tells weird and funny stories about a strange desert community through a community radio format). They are both amazing and great for a commute.