Podcasts/resources for commute

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

penicillinman

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m an incoming MS1 and was hoping to get some recommendations for podcasts or audio resources for my commute to and from school. I have heard of goljian but wanted to see if there is more out there that people would recommend.
 
I would agree with Chelsea FC that your commute can be a nice time to decompress from medicine and listen to stuff that is more entertaining. However, if you are set on finding some decent medical ones, The Curbsiders, Clinical Problem Solvers and Run the List are some good ones. As an M1-M2 I'd probably lean more towards Clinical Problem Solvers and Run the List since they are usually shorter episodes, more case based and typically explain more of the pathophysiology.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You could try audible and listen to audiobooks you like. I agree with the non-clinical crowd...medical school has a tendency to creep into every aspect of your life, so carving out a few protected moments to do something you enjoy can be a harbor in the storm, so to speak.

However, if you like medical mystery type stuff, I really enjoy this series:


Also, if you decide to use Goljan (mostly for 2nd year), you don't have to buy them, just search Goljan on Spotify.
 
I listen to Goljan (spotify), Zero to Finals (iTunes), and Humerus Hacks (iTunes) while running as a form of review. Would love to hear of any other good topic review podcasts.
 
For two non-medical podcasts, check out Fake Doctors, Real Friends (a scrubs podcast hosted by Donald Faison and Zach Braff) and Welcome to Night Vale (a fiction podcast that tells weird and funny stories about a strange desert community through a community radio format). They are both amazing and great for a commute.