podiatric school ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not at all Dr_feelgood. I specifically think that AZ, Iowa, temple and probably scholl all have excellent programs.

I would like to see these programs receive high quality candidates for the future of our profession.

Members don't see this ad.

whiskers said:
Not at all Dr_feelgood. I specifically think that AZ, Iowa, temple and probably scholl all have excellent programs.

I would like to see these programs receive high quality candidates for the future of our profession.

Cool. Just checking. My personal opinion is the CPMS formula that AZPOD is following should be standardized by all the schools. To me, it seems obvious that it is very successful.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Cool. Just checking. My personal opinion is the CPMS formula that AZPOD is following should be standardized by all the schools. To me, it seems obvious that it is very successful.

Isnt that exactly what the Dean of Ohio said this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
I read the first page of this post and skipped the second so forgive me if this may seem out of place. Anyway, when I was interviewing at schools, I was also curious about what the "rankings" of the schools were and based on what factors. But the only thing I got was individual rankings from everyone I talked to about it, even interviewers. Everyone said something different and I am pretty sure it was all biased in some way. Point is, you can't rely on the "rankings" of podiatry schools to soley make your decision. If a school with great facilities is incredibly important to you, Scholl would be a great choice. If you really want a small class size, CSPM is the way to go. Location is something else to consider. If you want to go to podiatry school and also want to live in a big city at least once in your life, you may want to consider NYCPM. In the end, it's all about your motivation and desire to succeed; the school does not determine how well you will do.

- CSPM student

Rotcod said:
I read the first page of this post and skipped the second so forgive me if this may seem out of place. Anyway, when I was interviewing at schools, I was also curious about what the "rankings" of the schools were and based on what factors. But the only thing I got was individual rankings from everyone I talked to about it, even interviewers. Everyone said something different and I am pretty sure it was all biased in some way. Point is, you can't rely on the "rankings" of podiatry schools to soley make your decision. If a school with great facilities is incredibly important to you, Scholl would be a great choice. If you really want a small class size, CSPM is the way to go. Location is something else to consider. If you want to go to podiatry school and also want to live in a big city at least once in your life, you may want to consider NYCPM. In the end, it's all about your motivation and desire to succeed; the school does not determine how well you will do.

- CSPM student

I agree that everyone should choose the podiatry school that fits them the best and that your effort and determination will make you successful. But as for curriculum there is definitely a rank. Schools don't tell you this when you interview b/c it is a courtesy to the other schools. In the small world of podiatry, word spreads fast, so if CPMS was telling all of its interviewees that Ohio sucks; Ohio will hear about it and will probably say something to the AACPM.

If you interviewed at some of the lower end podiatry schools you were definitely see the difference, plus (I know that all of the CPMS posters bring it up) the board scores don't lie. Some schools are consistently higher than others. That is why the NBPME will not publicly release the results b/c some schools would look really, really bad.

Hi,

I don't want to offend anyone because I know everyone wants to think of their institution as the center of the universe, but the comment that AZPOD has copied the CPMS model of podiatric medicine and surgery instruction is only partially true. Certainly, CPMS opened the door to a new way, a higher way, for podiatry students to be instructed. However, those who created AZPOD based only some of their structure on CPMS curriculum. The majority of the faculty involved in design came from other institutions and came with their own ideas of what the "perfect" podiatry program would entail.

Unsurpisingly, both CPMS and AZPOD have used many of the same methods (methods originating in the MD/DO world) as the basis for their curriculum. Both schools are great... and leaps and bounds above the prior model for podiatric education. I bet other podiatry schools will attempt to follow suit. As this happens, not only will they be benefited but the whole profession will be better prepared to meet the needs of patients.

:thumbdown:. all i can say is the class is full of lazy incompetent people. there are several of us that would like to get out of here, but because our curriculum is so different from the other schools it is almost impossible.

just think before you attend barry. even if they offer a big scholarship!

circle said:
:thumbdown:. all i can say is the class is full of lazy incompetent people. there are several of us that would like to get out of here, but because our curriculum is so different from the other schools it is almost impossible.

:eek:

circle said:

Yeah, I personally felt that Barry was not in the top of their league when I interviewed there. The lady who interviewed me was not too enthusiatic about showing me around the school. Also, I was told that I could do the 5 year path if I didn't pass my classes the first time. :eek: The admission lady kept telling me in in Dec. that their classes are filling up fast, however I was the only one interviewing that day.

I am sure there are many respectable people who graduated from Barry that have been successful, however it certainly was not my first choice. I can understand more if you grew up in southern FL, it would be a good choice.