LECOM School of Podiatric Medicine Accepted Students Class of 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elppaelgood123

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Thought to make a page for all the accepted students for LECOMS inaugural class of Podiatric Medicine. Please feel free to ask questions so we can help each other through this journey.

I have some questions myself

1) Anyone get an invite to the LECOM medical school bootcamp? Are you thinking about attending it?
2) Also, any suggestions on where to rent apartments? Any housing advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
I have never shadowed a podiatrist. This field is fairly new to me. I know I want to do something in medicine but my MCAT score is too low to get into a DO/MD program. I have been searching stuff up regarding podiatry but everything i’m reading doesn’t make sense. Some say its a great field and they would do it all over again and then some say they don’t like it. Also, the salary for a podiatrist ranges from 68K-300K how does that even make sense. Will I be able to pay back my loans? I’m just really confused and got an acceptance into LECOM but they have given me only 5 days to decide to accept or decline. Any help/advice would be great!!!!!!

I suggest browsing the forums.
In a nutshell: If you're passionate about feet and money isn't a problem, go for it.
Financially, in terms of return on investment, it is most likely the absolute worst career decision one could make.

Reactions: 8 users
I suggest browsing the forums.
In a nutshell: If you're passionate about feet and money isn't a problem, go for it.
Financially, in terms of return on investment, it is most likely the absolute worst career decision one could make.
Why? I’ve heard the base pay is 200-250k

I did browse the forums. There mixed reviews. There are mixed reviews about becoming a internal medicine physician as well. But people make it seem like podiatry is HORRIBLE. I just don’t understand why??

Reactions: 1 user
At the end of the day you are a practicing physician (DOCTOR). You get autonomy unlike other professions such as nurses, PA’s or other assistants.

I am going to give you some very specific ,fool- proof, instructions.
I expect you to consider them so you save yourself and everyone on here time. This will also prevent you from having to spam every podiatry forum before even trying to read what has been said on here from prepods, pod students, and attendings/residents.
Some effort on your part will help keep the forums clean of redundant content.

Post your acceptance questions as a REPLY to this thread as Dexter has already outlined for you:

Real work life experiences, salary discussions, case discussions can be found in this forum:

Read and browse thoroughly. before you comment or make a new thread.
Most if, not all of your questions, have already been graciously answered multiple times and in greater intricacy and detail than what you are asking.

Closing thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.