Podiatrist Contract Lawyer recommendations in New York/New Jersey?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podsquad17

Reaction score
Hey everyone -- Would like to know if you had any Podiatrist Contract Lawyer recommendations in New York/New Jersey area? What is a normal fee to review a contract?

Members don't see this ad.

Get an attorney that does specifically employment and/or medical law. You can discern their specialty focus from their website ("individual" or "employee side" employment attorney is what you want... many only rep employers/hospitals side). The medical ones will be "plaintiff" or "defendant" attorneys... sometimes not in that exact language but not hard to figure out. You want a "plaintiff" one in that case (defendant ones are largely your ambulance chasers who can't bother with small cases), but employment attorneys are usually easier to find and better for contracts.

They will usually cost 300-500 per hour.... no free consult, no discounts, usually 1 or 2hr minimum for any decent one. Well worth it. If you find one for 200 or 250 per hour that does free consults and can talk tomorrow, then keep looking. Contract review should just take an hour typically. Some might give you back the consult hour if you retain them (but you wouldn't for contract review).

Reactions: 1 users
Another resource one could look into I found from a google search is listed/linked here, where they offer contract review for podiatric contracts specifically (non-laywer, but reviews by a podiatrist (Podiatric Physician Career Services), amongst other both clinical and business/practice management information and links.

I also found this site (there weren't many specific querey resulted related to "Podiatry" and contract) that looks to be a general lawfirm with some information about DPM contracts (Podiatrist Contract Review | Chelle Law | Podiatry and Ankle Contracts), but the info listed seems fairly generic to most physician contract situations, versus podiatric specifically (compared to the first link)

PM me if interested. Have a guy, DPM JD, has reviewed hundreds of pod contracts. I think mine cost around 400 for 1 to 1.5 hours don't remember off top of my head.

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me if interested. Have a guy, DPM JD, has reviewed hundreds of pod contracts. I think mine cost around 400 for 1 to 1.5 hours don't remember off top of my head.

That's a great deal. I shelled out a lot more than that for my contract however it did require several back and forth emails and edits. Worth every penny.

That's a great deal. I shelled out a lot more than that for my contract however it did require several back and forth emails and edits. Worth every penny.
Now that I think about it, it did include me talking to him on the phone for 30 mins or so.