Poll: AAMC's vs. real thing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobsagat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I just scored really well on AAMC's 8 and 9, and want to see how to take the news.

Members don't see this ad.

1. if you type your exact title into search.....you get like 15 threads with the exacat same title.

2. when you made the thread and put in your title, the box for "similar threads" popped up and probably listed all of the threads with the exact same title. Instead of ignoring, you should click them and read them to find the answer. this question has been asked and responded to 300000 times.

3. here is recent thread that is very specific about AAMC, Kaplan, and other tests in their comparison with the real deal. it has like 25 poll options you can choose from to show if you scored 1 below AAMC range, 2 below, 1 above, 2 above, etc. etc.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6903022

AAMC is a very good predictor of scores. Expect to fall within your range, altho I'd recommend taking more than 2 practice tests. People will argue about whether or not AAMC gives you a good idea of difficulty of passages, length of passages, etc. Some will say it was the same (me included) and others will swear it was nothing like the AAMC tests. The rule of thumb still applies - those people still usualy get within their AAMC range. Take a few more tests, keep up the good work, don't freak out, and you'll be fine.

1. if you type your exact title into search.....you get like 15 threads with the exacat same title.

2. when you made the thread and put in your title, the box for "similar threads" popped up and probably listed all of the threads with the exact same title. Instead of ignoring, you should click them and read them to find the answer. this question has been asked and responded to 300000 times.

3. here is recent thread that is very specific about AAMC, Kaplan, and other tests in their comparison with the real deal. it has like 25 poll options you can choose from to show if you scored 1 below AAMC range, 2 below, 1 above, 2 above, etc. etc.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6903022

AAMC is a very good predictor of scores. Expect to fall within your range, altho I'd recommend taking more than 2 practice tests. People will argue about whether or not AAMC gives you a good idea of difficulty of passages, length of passages, etc. Some will say it was the same (me included) and others will swear it was nothing like the AAMC tests. The rule of thumb still applies - those people still usualy get within their AAMC range. Take a few more tests, keep up the good work, don't freak out, and you'll be fine.

I did check out all the other threads, and found them helpful. I don't think anyone's done a poll, though, which would be much easier to see for those looking for the same information I was.

Definitely going to hit up some more practice tests. I am doing a PR course, and have taken 6 of their tests. Gonna do at least three more AAMC's. Any suggestions on which ones?

I did check out all the other threads, and found them helpful. I don't think anyone's done a poll, though, which would be much easier to see for those looking for the same information I was.

Definitely going to hit up some more practice tests. I am doing a PR course, and have taken 6 of their tests. Gonna do at least three more AAMC's. Any suggestions on which ones?

the link i had in my last post will take you to the most specific poll you could possibly imagine...did you even click it?

Take the later AAMC tests..... 7-10. It won't hurt to take AAMC 3 just b/c its free, but if you are going to get the bang for your buck definitely take the newer AAMCs 7-10. also, if you dont have money constraints, just take all the AAMCs. practice practice practice.